Cache Submission Page

I'm not sure this is Possible, BUT with the current cache submission Page process Drastically changed I now have this request.

Someone to make a Cache Submission Page that would be All in one page. It can be Indentical to the Old cache submission page, but doesn't have to be. A Single Cache submission page that interfaces with the website would be Great. If someone is already in Dev phase, toss me the link and I'd LOVE to be a tester.

Another thought at the same time, would be integrating some sort of Geocache Submission App, so that (IN Theory) you could be out on the trail, Place the cache, then with your smartphone(Android) you open the app and it steps you thru the cache Submission process. The First question would be Type of cache(Traditional/Multi/Puzzle/Earth/LBH). IF it was a Multi, then it would ask if you are at the FINAL Location, then you would be able to add Stages as you placed them. The App would get coordinates from the Onboard GPS, though you would be able to fine tune the coordinates After they're marked. As for the Data Transmission, the ONLY time that data would actually be sent to the server is a Proximity check after each Coordinate is put in(And OKed by user), and then at the end to actually Submit the cache.

The Steaks

First off what you're asking for is to change the current page because you don't like it, then have an app that does almost exactly what the future page does....

For the new submission page, well they told us they where going to change it. We have. On reason to complain about it now.

The app- well I say no. That will only encourage crappy caches and little or no description. A newb will put out a cheap attic candy container that's nowhere near waterproof, with a paper ripped from a notebook as a log. Description be something like ":)"

And the other issue I have is the co-ords. First off if it's a newb, they might not know how to obtain accurate co-ords from a phone, big problem. And you talk of fine tuning the co-ords. If you need to do that, then your device is not accurate enough anyway. And how would you do it? Maps? Google and those maps have been known to be accurate. But they have also know. To be off- a couple feet, am block, or even farther. So you get perfect co-ords the "fine tune" them and they are now 50 feet off. See the problem?

Maybe if it becomes common for a GPS to run an OS like Android, an app on there could work, but now? Nope.

First off what you're asking for is to change the current page because you don't like it, then have an app that does almost exactly what the future page does....

For the new submission page, well they told us they where going to change it. We have. On reason to complain about it now.

The app- well I say no. That will only encourage crappy caches and little or no description. A newb will put out a cheap attic candy container that's nowhere near waterproof, with a paper ripped from a notebook as a log. Description be something like ":)"

And the other issue I have is the co-ords. First off if it's a newb, they might not know how to obtain accurate co-ords from a phone, big problem. And you talk of fine tuning the co-ords. If you need to do that, then your device is not accurate enough anyway. And how would you do it? Maps? Google and those maps have been known to be accurate. But they have also know. To be off- a couple feet, am block, or even farther. So you get perfect co-ords the "fine tune" them and they are now 50 feet off. See the problem?

Maybe if it becomes common for a GPS to run an OS like Android, an app on there could work, but now? Nope.

Well, Yes. Groundspeak DID get something right with the new page, BUT it should have gone into an App instead of the Webpage. As I understand it, Groundspeak said that they would change the page for Beginners, BUT Still have the Classic page for those of us that preferred it.

App - when the app Opens up, it would do a check(like WAZE, C:geo, Google Maps, and Munzee does) to make sure the GPS is on. IF it's not on, then it either turns it on, or gives you a clear error stating the GPS is not on. Also, when you hit the button for "Mark Coords" it would tell you the Accuracy. IF the Accuracy was more than 30', Then it would give you an error stating that Accurate Coordinates could not be attained. Once a point was successfully marked, then it will give a message of would you like to Fine tune the coordinates. This Fine tuning would ONLY allow you to change the last 3 numbers. This COULD be useful IF you carry another GPS with you. Then you would be able to compare the GPS coords with the Phone Coords. Once this is done, then you would be able to put in the rest of the info.

As for people putting out "crappy caches" or Little to no description, This is the job of the Reviewers to weed out the no descriptions, and the Community to put Mx logs on caches that need Maintenance. Remember that we All can create Great caches, and we All Started somewhere in this activity.