Filter search by D/T

Dmumzo

I must be blind, but how do I filter a search by D/T in the website? I can do it through the app, but here I cannot find it.

Thanks!

Tried using a Pocket Query?

You don't have to run it to get caches in the search.

BUT. If you want the caches you've selected you WILL need to actually run the PQ to get the gpx file.

I must be blind, but how do I filter a search by D/T in the website? I can do it through the app, but here I cannot find it.

Thanks!

Tried using a Pocket Query?

You don't have to run it to get caches in the search.

BUT. If you want the caches you've selected you WILL need to actually run the PQ to get the gpx file.

DITTO

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

However, I find it very cumbersome and I dont think I will use it. It is quite incredible that there is no easier way to get a map of your area with a cache filter. The only filter the website provides is type of cache. The app for the smartphone does let you filter with many more options. But not in the website? I cannot believe it.

If you make a pocket query, you can change to the Pocket Queries tab on the Map page (over and a little above where you can filter by type of cache). Then you can click on the query, and it'll pull up only those caches on the map.

Does this help at all?

Thanks!

If you go to the list of caches on the site, you can click on the D/T column heading and that will sort the caches by D/T. I think it's 1/1 first, then click on the column heading again and it will list them starting with 5/5.

Not sure if that's any help to you or not.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

However, I find it very cumbersome and I dont think I will use it. It is quite incredible that there is no easier way to get a map of your area with a cache filter. The only filter the website provides is type of cache. The app for the smartphone does let you filter with many more options. But not in the website? I cannot believe it.

The site is based on a lot of 'home grown' codeing from the early days of Groundspeak.

(Hence, problems after updates, when the modern coding doesn't 'play nice' with the older coding...)

The Api is a more recent innovation. Groundspeak have put in a lot of effort.

Being more recent it can do 'more' than the website, and a lot of the 'Approved Partners' can get better information from the site (via the Api) and often can provide more than Groundspeak themselves can give to us -the users.

There is better filtering. It can be done with a PQ.

PQ's and third party apps/software can do even more... *Insert GSAK here*

You've just got to find what works for you, even if it's a case of Mix and Match of various things.

Have a play with Project-GC and it's Map Compare tab. Just put your user name in rather than trying to compare with someone.

I think it'll do the sort of thing you want. You'll have to link your account from here to it first but it's got lots of potential.