Trouble Adding a Notification

Arnold Evrkachen

On my old flip phone I used to receive text messages when new caches were approved. Now I have an iPhone and I'm trying to set myself up for it to get the notifications, but I can't seem to make it work.

I set up a new email account using the address to send text messages to my phone. (I tested by sending a test text from my email account to my phone and it worked.)

I requested a validation email be sent; it was and I received it on my phone. It gave me a URL to go to. I've tried all kinds of ways to go there, but when I do, the GC page says it's an invalid address.

Has anyone else run into this or, better yet, know how to fix it?

Thanks.

That's an email to SMS, so it may cut off part of the URL. My solution? You've got an iPhone, download the Gmail app. Create a Gmail account and use that. Why? Well you get the full email, you can keep the same address no matter what phone, or carrier you use, even if you switch. Access on virtually any cellphone, computer, well anything really...