Turnaround time on publishing a new cache.

Ethankwolfe

Hi there! Fairly new to the community here, I've only been caching for two or three months now. I promised myself I would wait until I hit 100 to hide my first cache, but then I ended up waiting a little longer before getting everything in order.

Anyway, I've got my first cache (it's a puzzle cache!) all set up and rearin' to go, but it's been set up and rearin' to go for nearly two weeks now. I submitted on the 21st of May, got a pretty prompt response on the 22nd, then replied to that and fixed everything I was asked to fix (it's in my front yard, so the reviewer mostly just wanted to double-check it was my property to hide the cache on), before re-submitting it. Since then, nothing. It's been twelve days since any contact with the review process, and I just want this thing published. I've left multiple reviewer notes, spaced far apart, and even sent the reviewer a direct message. That was a few days back, and still nothing.

If there's a problem with my cache, that's one thing, but I'm getting zero feedback. Is twelve days with absolutely no feedback normal this time of year? Or is something amiss here?

Thanks.

(Not active as of posting, but hey, maybe once it gets published you'll want to see it here!)

Hummm, have you triple checked the listing to make sure that there aren't any new notes? And that you remembered to retick the box to send it to review? I've missed both of those before and wondered what I'd missed.

All the notes on it (since the 22nd of May) are from me, and I've had no other contact from the reviewer since then.

And on my main page, it's listed under "Your Geocaches Waiting for Review" so it's definitely been re-submitted (as opposed to temporarily disabled, which it was temporarily on the 22nd before I re-submitted).

Hummm, have you triple checked the listing to make sure that there aren't any new notes? And that you remembered to retick the box to send it to review? I've missed both of those before and wondered what I'd missed.

All the notes on it (since the 22nd of May) are from me, and I've had no other contact from the reviewer since then.

And on my main page, it's listed under "Your Geocaches Waiting for Review" so it's definitely been re-submitted (as opposed to temporarily disabled, which it was temporarily on the 22nd before I re-submitted).

Humm, you'll have to wait till someone with global permissions can have a look.

I checked your page and you've done everything correctly. If your cache was in my review territory, I'd publish it. Sorry about the long delay.

You've enabled your listing as your reviewer instructed, and you wrote your reviewer a direct email after not hearing anything for more than a week. At this point your next step would be to write Geocaching HQ via the Help Center. Use "Appeals" as the category for your message. The Lackeys who coordinate the work done by us as volunteers can then check with your reviewer to make sure everything's OK. For all we know, there's been a car accident, serious illness, etc.

Or, maybe your reviewer is just distracted by chasing squirrels. Many reviewers are dogs.

I checked your page and you've done everything correctly. If your cache was in my review territory, I'd publish it. Sorry about the long delay.

You've enabled your listing as your reviewer instructed, and you wrote your reviewer a direct email after not hearing anything for more than a week. At this point your next step would be to write Geocaching HQ via the Help Center. Use "Appeals" as the category for your message. The Lackeys who coordinate the work done by us as volunteers can then check with your reviewer to make sure everything's OK. For all we know, there's been a car accident, serious illness, etc.

Or, maybe your reviewer is just distracted by chasing squirrels. Many reviewers are dogs.

Thanks for looking into it. I won't lie, the validation is a relief.

I'll see what I can do on the appeals side!

Don't forget the reviewers are volunteers, they have jobs, get sick, go on holiday for a week or maybe two, are human just like every one else.....

I know you are super keen to get your cache published but please be patient. :smile:

Don't forget the reviewers are volunteers, they have jobs, get sick, go on holiday for a week or maybe two, are human just like every one else.....

I know you are super keen to get your cache published but please be patient. :smile:

I appreciate your sympathy for the reviewers, and trust me, I understand that volunteer-based reviews take time. But my reviewer in particular has had zero contact in twelve days, all while semi-regularly visiting the site (according to his profile page at least).

I've had a couple people tell me now that it shouldn't have taken this long, and I just want to get to the bottom of it. Otherwise, who knows, I might just be waiting forever on this cache to be published!