"Busy Day" Challenge Cache

A friend of mine went out and found the "Busy Day" list of caches that was compiled by the GeoWoodstock people. Now, she wants to know if there is a Challenge Cache, for which the requirement is to find a certain number of cache types in one day. Does anyone know of any? Anywhere?

Elaine Poe

TxStrawberryCreek

I'm going to guess that there are "Busy Day" challenges in every state, province, etc...wherever there are cachers.

Is there a particular state that your friend wants to find one of them?

One could always go to the Hide & Seek page, and then choose their state. The list that will come up will list events and mega-events, then caches. Look for the "?" and for "challenges" in the title.

Or do a pq, I suppose.

B.

A friend of mine went out and found the "Busy Day" list of caches that was compiled by the GeoWoodstock people. Now, she wants to know if there is a Challenge Cache, for which the requirement is to find a certain number of cache types in one day. Does anyone know of any? Anywhere?

Elaine Poe

TxStrawberryCreek

This is kind of like what you are describing.

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC219QQ_houston-area-pick-6-challenge

Elaine Poe

TxStrawberryCreek

Well, since your friend did it at Geowoodstock, I'll let you know about my busy day icon challenge right here in Missouri! :)

http://coord.info/GC4YVTT

We got them in Oregon.

http://coord.info/GC53674 Double busy day challenge. You got to find 2 each of Six (or more) Different Cache types in One Day. :ph34r:

http://coord.info/GC247Z1 6 or more in one day.

This past weekend, I was in St Charles and yep, I did the "busy day" thing. 10 cache type and plus lab cache. So thats 11 cache type in one day. I did a bench mark as well. (I was sad that the webcam was archived since I was planing to get 12 cache type in one day)

I been thinking of setting up a 11 cache type challenge in my area. It can be done, but need to travel to do them. I am a believer that the CO should do the challenge themselves before setting up a challenge cache.

I been thinking of setting up a 11 cache type challenge in my area. It can be done, but need to travel to do them. I am a believer that the CO should do the challenge themselves before setting up a challenge cache.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if your reviewer says "no" to this many icons in a single day, and Geocaching HQ backs up that decision. Aim for a more achievable, fun number like 8.

• Upvote 1

Don't be surprised or disappointed if your reviewer says "no" to this many icons in a single day, and Geocaching HQ backs up that decision. Aim for a more achievable, fun number like 8.

I won't... however... here is a 10 icons in a day challenge. http://coord.info/GC4YVTT

I find it a lot of fun to do the 11 icons in a day. Is it hard? Not really, just a lot of planning. I was done with the challenge by noonish. On top of it all, I did all the cache sizes as well. :laughing:

This is not a challenge that you do out of the blue, this is something that you need to plan ahead. You need to be in the right place and time to do it. Thats the main challenge. I waited for about 4 years to be able to do this. Sure, Geowoodstock is known to make this easier.

I been thinking of doing a 12 icons day next year, but it will require me to drive to DC for the webcam. :ph34r:

I did it in rural East Texas, so I'm sure it can be done just about anywhere. Yes, it took a bit of planning, I also attended a CITO and a regular event that day which weren't a part of the 7 icons / 7 containers.

I doubt very much if I could do it locally. Very few of the rarer icons that I have not found locally. But we went off to visit my brother last year, in Seattle. We'd never cached in Seattle before. Said I to my brother: I'd like to see how many icons we could find in one day! My brother, being a hoopy frood, said: Okay! Let's go for it! No events planned for that day, so we had to settle for eight icons. (Including GCHQ.) Where is the nearest WebCam cache to my home locale, that I haven't found? About 80 miles, in Altoona (or is it Wilkes-Barre, Pa?)

Then, of course, we went looking for the semi-local Six-Pack Challenge. DNFed it. Does not seem to be well maintained. The tree in the hint fell over in the hurricane. We could not find the cache. Oh, well. But, we're set for any other Six-_Pack Challenge (that doesn't require the finds being local.)