Looking for moving cache

Guest Mosquito Magnet

Guest Mosquito Magnet

I live in Saint Louis Missouri and will be driving through Illinois, Indiana and Michigan on a business trip. Does anyone know of a moving cache that would be on the way that I could pick up and give a new home?

My final destination is Saginaw, Mi.

Thanks,

Mosquito Magnet

Guest Markwell

Moving cache or hitchhiker? Moving cache takes the whole box and moves it to a new location. Hitchhikers are items that move from cache to cache.

Only two moving caches in the area are Run, Jeremy, Run (but it is headed toward Washington state), and Moving Target (which is restricted to that particular park).

Hitchhikers - I've got Scooby and Shaggy that have been dying to get out of the Chicago area (as they've hit almost all of the caches in the area so far). Currently, they are at the Double Diamond cache in Tinley Park.

Guest Mosquito Magnet

In reply to your question and I'm glad you clarified, I'm looking for a hitchhiker.

Tinley park is going to be about 3 hours further north than I planned to go. However,

I love Chicago hot dogs!!!

Mosquito Magnet

Guest Markwell

quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito Magnet:

Tinley park is going to be about 3 hours further north than I planned to go.

Mapblast indicated the best way to go would be I-55 to I-80 near Chicago and then to I-94 and I-69 (see MapBlast's Directions). With that in mind, the Double Diamond cache is only 2.8271 miles north of I-80.

quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito Magnet:

However, I love Chicago hot dogs!!!

Whitey's Italian Beef at N 41° 34.792 W 087° 48.674 in Tinley Park has some of the best (I worked at another one of Whitey's branches in another life). Bonus: only 1.0038 miles southwest of the cache!

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Markwell (edited 24 September 2001).]

Guest Markwell

Ooops. When are you going to be travelling?

Shaggy and Scooby just got picked up and are moving to a new cache - so that wonderful plan to get you through Chicago, take a 2 mile detour, hit a hotdog stand on the way out - is all for naught. icon_frown.gif

Keep and eye out for where they appear! Maybe they can still make the trip with you...

Guest Markwell

Ooops. When are you going to be travelling?

Shaggy and Scooby just got picked up and are moving to a new cache - so that wonderful plan to get you through Chicago, take a 2 mile detour, hit a hotdog stand on the way out - is all for naught. icon_frown.gif

Keep and eye out for where they appear! Maybe they can still make the trip with you...

Guest Markwell

I will. Keep checking on on their cache page (ID=3420 or Waypoint GCD5C), as I am usually right on top of their whereabouts and update the page within 12 hours of finding out if they've moved.

With this move, I happened to be checking my e-mail when a notification came to my desk that someone had found the Double Diamond cache. I quickly checked the site (since that's where they were) and found that Photojon had taken them. Before he could get over and check the Shaggy and Scooby site, I had changed the page to indicate that he had taken them from the cache.

He had to check Shaggy and Scooby over to see if I had a little hidden transmitter on them. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Markwell

I will. Keep checking on on their cache page (ID=3420 or Waypoint GCD5C), as I am usually right on top of their whereabouts and update the page within 12 hours of finding out if they've moved.

With this move, I happened to be checking my e-mail when a notification came to my desk that someone had found the Double Diamond cache. I quickly checked the site (since that's where they were) and found that Photojon had taken them. Before he could get over and check the Shaggy and Scooby site, I had changed the page to indicate that he had taken them from the cache.

He had to check Shaggy and Scooby over to see if I had a little hidden transmitter on them. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Markwell
eek.gif Just to keep you up to date MM - Shaggy and Scooby are moving around QUITE a bit this week. I did ask the present transporter to keep them in the area of I-55 and I-80 (my stomping grounds) so that I can attach a Travel Bug that I ordered today. Hopefully it can get here and get attached before they get moved again!

Hey Mosquito,

I have a traveler out there that would love a ride south. Jack the Rabbit started out in Loomis California and went to Napa Valley. He somehow made his way to Kauai, Hawaii and is now in the Detroit area. He was picked up by Cache_Only and she is planning on putting him in Ann Arbor or Ohio. His last cache was N&M's Treasure Cache in the Detroit area. I was hoping maybe you would keep an eye on his location and if you could pick him up and keep him moving that would be great!!!! We hope someday Jack will come home to California.

Guest Markwell

Sorry Shaggy and Scooby weren't rehidden by tonight. I've given up on trying to Travel Bug them, but maybe you can pick them up on your way back to St. Louis. Seems that Myotis is placing new caches for them to be in at least three per week. Here's hoping they get rehidden soon.

Guest Markwell

Wow - I guess if I mention something, it will eventually happen. Don't know if it was Mosquito Magnet (due to different logins and e-mail addresses), but Walkin Stick took the pair a good 100+ miles. Never expected that!

Markwell, Celts, et. al.,

I will be traveling from Clinton, IL to Richland, WA (164 miles east of Bellevue)on or about November 20th. I also may travel to North Carolina on Oct 19th but I don't think I will have time to score any travelers before then. (Maybe on the way out?). But in any case, if you know of hitchikers lurking near me here in Clinton, let me know. I will snatch them and move them west.

BTW Celts, What is a MAY APPLE? Help this desert dweller out a little.

- - Sluggo ( Suffering from geographic displacement)

Guest Markwell

Thanks for your offer Sluggo. Scooby and Shaggy are in transit (heading a couple hundred miles west if the mover's intentions pan out).

As far as hitchhikers and such that are still around Clinton, Celts' Run, Jeremy Run!!! is only 100.81 east of Clinton. My Geoffrey, who would LOVE to make the first leg of his journey in one mighty bound, is, unfortunately, 122.21 miles NNE and a much longer drive.

I'd suggest taking a day out of your schedule and getting Jeremy a good deal along on his journey to Bellevue, Washington. He's been sitting FAR too long.