How to get a Wherigo onto an android phone?

bcparkins

I use the WhereYouGo app as well and what I do is download the cartridge to my desktop and then plug in my phone via USB. That should prompt you with the option to View Content Folders or View Files or something similar. Click on that to view the files and then you can drag and drop the cartridge into the WhereYouGo folder on your phone. Then when you start the app, the cartridge should be there for you to select.

Posting as a moderator:

You can send me a private message if you would like to delete (hide) a thread. If you wanted a reply, such as #2 deleted, you can edit your reply so it just says something like "please delete this". I read everything on this forum, so I'll take care of it when I see it. However, I prefer not to delete things that would cause confusion if removed.

I've tried that. Within my "whereyougo" folder there's another folder labeled "cache". Which one do I put it in. I've tried both and tapped start on the app but says there's nothing. I'm not overly familiar with the app either, which i'm sure doesn't help but I don't know. Anything else? :P

It goes in the whereyougo folder, not the cache folder. If you did that and it did not recognize it, then something was probably wonky with the download. For instance, did you download it via your phone or via a PC? If you downloaded via the android default browser on your phone, it won't work. There are other ways to get it via phone, but I don't know them. I download on my PC and then get the file to my phone.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I got the cartridge onto my phone and it seems to work fine but I encountered a new problem when I tried to play:

When I went out to try it, the cartridge opened fine and everything was working as it should but the GPS didn't seem to really be responding... I started by hitting navigate and the compass popped up but read "16m" the whole time and never changed no matter how far I walked or in which direction. The compass was rotating properly but the distance never changed. Any ideas?