Test Cartridge

lovemonkies

Hi, I downloaded the Test cartridge on both a Razr Maxx and a Galaxy Note and I'm able to load everything properly. I can equip the spacesuit and it then tells me to walk 50 meters and that I will be notified when I've gone that far. Well, I walk farther than the 50m and it doesn't notify me and I can't do anything past that. The GPS works and the map shows how far I've gone, but I am getting stumped. Any suggestions? I'm new at this. Thank you.

You mentioned in another post about the GPS showing you're 4,000km away. I'm wondering if you're starting the cartridge before it has good coordinates. Usually, when you attempt to wear the space suit, it won't let you proceed until your GPS reports a fairly reasonable accuracy. Assuming your GPS has good accuracy, I'm not sure what else could be getting in your way.

You mentioned in another post about the GPS showing you're 4,000km away. I'm wondering if you're starting the cartridge before it has good coordinates. Usually, when you attempt to wear the space suit, it won't let you proceed until your GPS reports a fairly reasonable accuracy. Assuming your GPS has good accuracy, I'm not sure what else could be getting in your way.

Thank you for the reply. I did wonder that and even made sure I had a location on the map before starting the cartridge. I can wear the spacesuit, but when I'm asked to walk 50m, the 50m pin is showing in WA state and I'm in NC! So I don't know?

I ended up playing that cartridge and instead of having to walk 50 meters, I had to walk 150 meters in order to get it to work. The OLDER version, 0.6 the 50 meters walking WORKED correctly. I think this is a regression bug in the latest version of the Whereyougo player available at the Play Store. I would be happy with the older version but the compass doesn't not work properly on that version.

I think the latest versions for grids are multiplying the distances by three fold.

Using Android kit kat 4.4, HTC DNA droid phone.

Edited by gpsblake