Cincinnati group?

Cincinnati Bearcaches

As of yet, there is no geocaching clubs here in Cincinnati. I can assure you that there is an interest in starting one. We have some terrific cachers around here and we enjoy the get togethers that we do have. We don't have anyone with the drive to get us going or the volunteers to lead us. Without too much effort, I think someone could get the ball rolling.

Ladybuggers!

icon_razz.gif

I always scan the forums for Cincinnati area activity. While I live in Detroit, I've always considered myself a "Cincinnatian" and would be interested in meeting some of the local cachers. I'd also like to join any group that may form. I'm only in town about once a month or so to visit my mom in Florence, KY.

"Adrift in a world he never made!"

migo_sig_logo.jpg

So you'd be one of the few that understands the significance of 'Florence Y'all!' icon_smile.gif I show people from home a picture (they live near Lansing, MI) and they just roll their eyes... If you're down on May 3rd, we're organizing to do a Cincinnati area park clean-up, and could probably talk more about a group then...

-Mixster

We had a great time meeting everyone last Thursday night. Special thanks to the Ladybuggers for arranging it. We think Tri-State Caching Club would be a good name for this three state area. icon_smile.gif

"Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us" - Thomas Paine

compass.gif

Well well...

I've been thinking of contacting some of the bigger cachers in and around Cincinnati to make a "Cincinnati Hardcore Cachers Club" or some such but was aloof as to if any of the other area cachers would even be interested.

My ideas were that the Club would host the annual picnics and try and maintain caches from lost cachers (we miss you Jim) and so on.

I was even kinda considering looking up info on non-profit orginization info, so that if the club had dues we could pay for those caches and picnics with that.

I think I'll just have to meet up with the 'buggers. Email me if you get this message before I contact you, been busy ya' know.

Draegon

Team Draegon

Cincinnati, Ohio USA

"To conquer without risk is to succeed without glory"

Looks like we might actually get this thing up and running.

After our CITO event today we had a meeting to discuss the possibility of starting our own geocaching club. We had a very possitive response to the suggestion.

We will have our first meeting on June 12th at 7:00. We will discuss the name for our group, elect officers/leaders, select committees and all other pertinent details. Watch for a picnic cache or a cache event on that day with all the details and coords. It will be in Sprigdale. Either in a park or at the Fire House.

See you all there.

Lets have a great turnout so we get everyone opinion!

Jamey

Ladybuggers!

new to the scene, but enjoying it already.

live and cache mainly right now in nky. but I claim cincy as home icon_wink.gif

not sure what you are planning on doing for a club, but if needed/wanted I can make a decent site for the club....i won't be able to make it to the meeting but if something is wanted I can create, and it will be in php so several ppl can maintain update(with forums, news, everything..... see orfw.org for an example.)

if this is of interest, let me know.... i can possibly host it even if everyone is ok with it being either a subdomain of either jbanta.org or eatsleepjeep.com....since those are two I own..) ok I am rambling, but i am love geocaching, and wanting to help the people in the area....let me know what ya think.

email - geocache @ jbanta . org

We are in the process of getting our group up and running. We talk over alot of stuff and elected a Steering Committee. Our steering committee is haveing their first meeting tonight July 2nd. We have to set all of our guidelines for our committee heads and start heading forward with all the plans we have. You can log into our Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tristategeocachers/ and you can keep up with most everything. We also have the starting of our own website which is here: http://www.geocities.com/grenisar/

You will be able to keep up to date at one or the other of those two places.

Jamey

Ladybuggers!

by the way in speaking with grenisar we were trying to find a spot that we can host the slub site temp so we didn't have all the ads as well as host pictures and everything else. I have donated webspace on my domain, as well as set up the basics of the site.

It is still in creation but it is one that is usable....with some additions in the future.

check out

http://okic.jbanta.org

jbanta

I just starting caching this week, and noticed the Ladybuggers were at a couple of finds the day before me. They somehow seemed so friendly, that I thought I'd email them, and they're emailed me back. I'd be VERY interested in getting involved. It would be fun to explore the region together with a group.

xoxoKatybird