Uploading benchmark information and photo

Team rubberboots

Do I have to be a premium member to upload photos of BMs

No, no one can upload pictures to this forum. All pictures must be posted on another web site and then you link to that site. You can upload a picture to the Geocaching site or photo bucket or any other web site.

Do I have to be a premium member to upload photos of BMs

No, no one can upload pictures to this forum. All pictures must be posted on another web site and then you link to that site. You can upload a picture to the Geocaching site or photo bucket or any other web site.

My apologies, I was referring to uploading BM photos to geocache.com.

Edited by Team rubberboots

If you just want to upload a picture to use in the forums you can go to your profile page and then go to your account page and click on change your profile picture. Select upload a new picture. You can then link to that picture to have it show in the forums.

If you wish to post the picture in a benchmark log, you will need to first log the benchmark (this only works for NGS listed benchmarks.) and then click on the icon to upload the picture.

It is recommended that the pictured be re-sized to 800 - 1000 pixels wide and sized to about 250KB to 300KB, so as to not slow down the forum pages.

John

I can not import my BM to geocaching since it is Canadian. Will Groundspeak and geocaching update their sites and apps to perform this function

I don't think so. It does not seem likely that Groundspeak will even update their snapshot of the NGS database, which dates to 2000.