The plug-in was not unlocked successfully - Garmin Oregon 450

I had this issue start just last night, when I try to load a new cache to my Garmin Oregon 450 by clicking on the cache and clicking "send to GPS" I get the message "The plug-in was not unlocked successfully". Previously it always gave me the option to write the cache to my GPS after I selected my GPS from the drop down. I use Pocket query once a week, but often times (ie: when a new cache is place) I will load one or two individually so I want to be able to have this option. I am using Firefox, but I have also tried the cache page from Chrome and IE (I have all of them on my computer). I have loaded geocaching.com as a trusted site on all browsers prior to trying and updated the plugin, but I am still having the same issue. I have done several restarts as well, but I still get the same error. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might work?

Edited by tdfraser74

OK out of the blue, I am having the same problem. I can download the cache info IF I access the cache from the table, I cannot download if I access the cache from the map. I have tried ALL the suggested fixes and some will work for awhile and then were back to zero. I am beginning to think that it is a Geocaching.com software problem. GC/Garmin instituted an update not long ago, that changed the physical look of the pop-up when you access from the table. The pop-up from the map is the "old" model. Not being a techee I no idea if this is the cause of the problem or not. But as a fan of Geocaching I am really PO'd that we are caught in the middle of a tech problem that Geocaching.com and or Garmin and or IE and or Microsoft are not looking at and offering a fix.

Hey GG, I appreciate the reference to the thread discussion. However, none of the suggestions offer a long term fix. How do we contact Geocaching.com to take the lead on this? It is their product that is not functioning if they want cachers to keep their membership and continue the game, the onus is on Geocaching.com to seek a long term resolution. As a minimum they should be able to tell us que pasa Dude!

p.s. I have a Garmin 62ST, so the problem is not model specific

Edited by exfedup

Just to add to the list of Garmin products affected.. I have the same problems and I use a GPSmap 62s. Things were working fine a week ago. I've downloaded the latest version of the plug in but still have the problem.

I'm using windows Vista and 7 and Chrome as a search engine.

Edited by E.W.

Hi folks

I have the same problem, IE, Firefox, Safari, Mac, Windows 7. What ever you like.

It is only on the map, clicking on a cache icon and then chosing in the popup to send to gps. The window then shows the "plugin not unlocked" message.

If I click on the cache name, and then in the cache details page click on "Send to GPS" or how it is in English (I have German), the plugin dialog opens and works (on Firefox).

So there must be a problem on the map page.

Regards

Wiltwoddle

Thks for the reply.

I hope you will continue to work with Garmin to determine the root cause of this problem. I appreciate your suggestions but they are merely placebos that may or may not work at any given time. I would suggest that you let members know that you recognize that there is a problem and that you are working towards a solution. Most Cachers just want to play and they are not techees nor should they have to be, to go caching.

Patrick and Ruthe

Merritt, B.C.

From: contact@Groundspeak.com [mailto:contact@Groundspeak.com]

Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:44 PM

To: paruja@telus.net

Subject: Information on Your Request {473657}

## Reply ABOVE THIS LINE to add a note to this request ##

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Our developers are aware of the issue with trying to use Send to GPS via geocaching.com/map. You can however still use Send to GPS via the cache listing.

If you are using Internet Explorer, please review the following:

We have identified some compatibility issues between Internet Explorer and Geocaching.com. We are working to address these, but in the meantime you can take some steps to ensure that you have the optimal view of our site through IE.

1. Go to your Tools menu.

2. Click "Compatibility View Settings" and insert geocaching.com under "Add this Website:".

3. Click "Add"

4. Click "Close".

Please also clear your browser cache and cookies. Alternatively, you can access Geocaching.com through a different browser.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

I had this issue start just last night, when I try to load a new cache to my Garmin Oregon 450 by clicking on the cache and clicking "send to GPS" I get the message "The plug-in was not unlocked successfully". Previously it always gave me the option to write the cache to my GPS after I selected my GPS from the drop down. I use Pocket query once a week, but often times (ie: when a new cache is place) I will load one or two individually so I want to be able to have this option. I am using Firefox, but I have also tried the cache page from Chrome and IE (I have all of them on my computer). I have loaded geocaching.com as a trusted site on all browsers prior to trying and updated the plugin, but I am still having the same issue. I have done several restarts as well, but I still get the same error. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might work?

Same problem with a Garmin Map76 cs.

This is not a problem affecting just IE it is the same on Firefox. I don't use a Mac either. I have a Garmin GPSmap 62S and suddenly it cannot download caches from the map, only the cache page. I get the 'the plugin was not unlocked successfully' message. It's also the same with my old Etrex 10. Downloading from the cache page is much more cumbersome and it becomes very annoying if you have a lot to download. I know there are other ways of downloading caches but this is the way I choose to do it and up till now it has worked, but now it doesn't. I tried the usual remedies - uninstalling and reinstalling the Plugin but that didn't work. I also went to the lengths of unistalling and reinstalling Firefox thinking that the recent Firefox update might have caused the problem. Nothing doing, the problem continued, except it was worse because in that process I somehow lost my Bookmarks and had to spend time recovering from that.

It seems clear that the problem is with geocaching.com, so please find a remedy that permanently solves the the problem and quickly because there are a lot of geocachers who are affected and it's very frustrating.

The same problem for Garmin Dakota 20 (Win 8, Win 7, IE 11, IE 9, FF 29). However I did not know that it works in caches' listings, thanks for this advice! I hope it will work from the map too... soon :)

EDIT: From today 20th May, it is working...

Edited by Taddeo