Cache Sizes

ScarecrowRSA

So i know im still new in the game and all. but I have a question. whats with all the SMALL and Micro caches.... like where are Large or Normal sizes.... I have browsed alot of caches on the map and most are nano or small..... in the few SMALL lunch box size I have found the "swag" items are broken toys and nothing decent. I went and have hidden a Normal-Large (usn large protein container) and I went shopping and decided to put decent STARTing items in there spent about R150. is it just me that thinks why am I going to go hiking and only find a micro....

sorry if im out of line. just curious......

Because smaller=cheaper and easier. Less container so it costs less, no room to put swag in it, easier to camo if you dobt just stuff it somewhere(because it's smaller, it's harder to find by both cachers and muggles)

BUT IMO just because it's bigger don't mean it's better. How is an empty ammo can different than a LnL, or bison tube if it's placed in the same location and no camo....

I have found in my experience after caching in 25+ countries around the world that urban caches tend to be the small / micros and the rural caches larger. That said, I have found some brilliant rural caches that have been micros and the same goes for some really good large urban caches. I think it is just a question of what cache type suits the particular location. If I come across a well placed cache that is appropriate for the location I don't care if it is a large, full of swag container or a micro. However, If I want to place a TB or coin then it is a different matter. I will then look for a container that either has trackables in already [i then know it is large enough] or I will avoid the ones marked micro.

At the end of the day it is a question of what blows your hair back I suppose. As I don't have kids caching with me swag is not important to me. But, if I do have youngsters around, then I love to see there reactions when they do find a well stocked container and then decide what they are going to exchange.

My 2c worth.