Cache Submission Hang up

WicomicoCounty

After submitting info for a new cache and clicking submit I get the error:

Saved Draft

Looks like you already started creating a geocache or event. Would you like to continue or start over?

I click continue but cannot go any further.

What browser are you using? I noticed that I had the same issue on my phone using both Internet Explorer (mobile) and UC Browser. It also did the same on an iPhone 5. I ended up not being able to submit the cache until I got home and did so using Chrome which worked fine.

Ric

I received NO errors along the way.

After getting hung up I exited the website and shutdown my browser. After returning to my profile page I did NOT see the cache list in my queue of caches.

I was able to go back and successfully submit a Traditional cache then change it to an Unknown.

Hi,

I run just in the same problem.

I tried to publish an Event and I got the dialog:

"Saved Draft

Looks like you already started creating a geocache or event. Would you like to continue or start over?

Start Over Continue Editing"

I can't go any further with the cache submission, still run into the same problem.

I tried it with Firefox and Google Chrome.

Regards,

frischluft

Hi,

"Saved Draft

I can't go any further with the cache submission, still run into the same problem.

Regards,

frischluft

Are you clicking on either the "Start Over" or "Continue Editing" button?

I am experiencing the same thing! I have 4 new hides and I keep getting this message (using Chrome):

Saved Draft

Start Over Continue Editing

It doesn't matter which one I select, it starts all over again. I can't even get to the Size & Ratings tab. Kind of frustrating, really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jaqman07

I am experiencing the same thing! I have 4 new hides and I keep getting this message (using Chrome):

Saved Draft

It doesn't matter which one I select, it starts all over again. I can't even get to the Size & Ratings tab. Kind of frustrating, really.

jaqman07

I just spoof logged in as you and was able to click "Continue Editing" and proceed with no problems. What browser and OS are you using? Have you trying clearing your browser cache and cookies?

Saved Draft

jaqman07

I just spoof logged in as you and was able to click "Continue Editing" and proceed with no problems. What browser and OS are you using? Have you trying clearing your browser cache and cookies?

I have tried both Chrome and IE9 and when I click on "Continue Editing". I still am having the same problem even after clearing my browser cache and cookies. I submitted a cache 2 weeks ago that was approved with no problem and haven't changed my settings.

Thanks for any help..

I have tried both Chrome and IE9 and when I click on "Continue Editing".

When you click on "Continue Editing"...what? What do you see? What prevents you from continuing on at this point?

Here is the sequence:

1. I select "Traditional Geocache", then put in the coordinates. The map verifies the coordinates that I put in. No problem. So, I select "Continue" at the bottom of the page.

2. Next, I come to the "Waypoints (Optional)" page. I don't have anything to enter here, so I click on "Continue".

3. I then come to the page where I name the hide, put in descriptions, etc. I mark "Everyone" when it asks who can see this geocache. I also checkmark "I have read and agree...". I click "Continue".

4. Immediately...well, wait. THIS time it let me advance to the cache size, attributes, etc. page. Cool! Before, when I'd click "Continue Editing", it'd send me back to #1 (putting in coordinates).

5. I put everything in and tried to leave a note for the reviewer, but it won't let me submit. Might be a glitch here because it's telling me the "Name Field is Required". There's no place to put the name field. The cache was named back in step #3. So, while I've advanced further in the process :-), I'm at a roadblock with the final step - leaving a note for the reviewer and finalizing the submit.

I have the same problem. I have tried four times - three times on Chrome, once on IE11. It quits on Continue at the end of 3. Description. The draft is in there because on restarting it remembers the coordinates, however it has lost the details of the description. Can't get past that point.

Can you click on step 3 in the menu at the top of the form to go back to that page and add the cache name?

I put in the cache name when I did step 3. However, I did try and it will let me go back to the page mentioned in step 3, however the description, etc. is all gone.

Can you share what you are including in the cache description? Are you by chance trying to paste in from another source?

Good question. It's a cemetery series that I'm adding to and the description is the same as all the others. But, just to test it, I simply put "testing, testing" in both the description panels. It let me advance to the size & rating page. Completed that and advanced to the "Reviewer Notes" page. When I put in where I hid the cache and a "thank you" to the reviewer, I click "Save and Preview". When I do that, above the box I just typed in for the reviewer it says "The Name field is required."

Based on other locked threads, I guess I'm not allowed to suggest, that you should keep the "old submission form" available, until you have fixed all major issues with the new one.

Edited by LQ

Can you share what you are including in the cache description? Are you by chance trying to paste in from another source?

Good question. It's a cemetery series that I'm adding to and the description is the same as all the others. But, just to test it, I simply put "testing, testing" in both the description panels. It let me advance to the size & rating page. Completed that and advanced to the "Reviewer Notes" page. When I put in where I hid the cache and a "thank you" to the reviewer, I click "Save and Preview". When I do that, above the box I just typed in for the reviewer it says "The Name field is required."

I was able to spoof log in as you and proceed through the process with no issues using the data that you had already entered. All of the content is "Testing", so you will want to edit before you submit. The listing is available here.

What browser, version, and OS have you been using?

Based on other locked threads, I guess I'm not allowed to suggest, that you should keep the "old submission form" available, until you have fixed all major issues with the new one.

The only threads that have been locked are those posted by a user who spammed multiple forums with the same message to be sure we could all see his temper tantrum. Reasonable posts and threads will remain unlocked, although duplicates will be merged.

Geocacher from Poland here. Oh God I have the same error. I can get past stage 3. The message is:

Saved Draft

Whichever I select it starts over again. It's a plain cache description, nothing copied from other websites and I haven't even included any photos. I'm using Firefox 29.0.1 on Win 7. One week ago I submitted a different cache and it was OK. I'm pretty sure the system you've implemented has a bug. Repair it ASAP please, because I'm getting frustrated here :D

Edited by seaneczka

Geocacher from Poland here. Oh God I have the same error. I can get past stage 3. The message is:

Saved Draft

Whichever I select it starts over again. It's a plain cache description, nothing copied from other websites and I haven't even included any photos. I'm using Firefox 29.0.1 on Win 7. One week ago I submitted a different cache and it was OK. I'm pretty sure the system you've implemented has a bug. Repair it ASAP please, because I'm getting frustrated here :D

I was able to spoof log in as you and proceed through to completion with no problems as well. The listing is now at http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC555FM_testing . You will want to edit in order to add the content you wanted before submitting for review.

I was able to spoof log in as you and proceed through the process with no issues using the data that you had already entered. All of the content is "Testing", so you will want to edit before you submit. The listing is available here.

I was able to push through the one you did (thank you, by the way). So, I did another one. BAM! Went through! I had 2 more to do, and now I can't get either of those other 2 to go in. I am using Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137 m on Windows 7.

I was able to push through the one you did (thank you, by the way). So, I did another one. BAM! Went through! I had 2 more to do, and now I can't get either of those other 2 to go in. I am using Chrome Version 34.0.1847.137 m on Windows 7.

I think I MAY have found the problem. If the title is too long, it won't tell you before advancing from the title page. I took the same title of another one I was trying to put through and shortened it and it went through. Again, not sure but could be a coincidence.

I think I MAY have found the problem. If the title is too long, it won't tell you before advancing from the title page. I took the same title of another one I was trying to put through and shortened it and it went through. Again, not sure but could be a coincidence.

Ah, that could be a good lead! Can you provide the full name that you were trying to use?

Hi,

"Saved Draft

Regards,

frischluft

Still have the problem. When I choose continue editing I got into an endless loop. Again and again I came to the same point "save draft / continue editing". (the titel/cachename is short)

Regards,

frischluft

Ah, that could be a good lead! Can you provide the full name that you were trying to use?

North & Central KS Cemetery Series - Christ the King

North & Central KS Cemetery Series - Christ the King

I shorted my cache name from "checking - You just can't beat the person who never gives up" to "Checking - Beat It" and problem solved. Seems like long cache names cause problems.

Still have the problem. When I choose continue editing I got into an endless loop. Again and again I came to the same point "save draft / continue editing". (the titel/cachename is short)

Can you share what else you have for content in your write-up? Are you trying to include an image, do you have an especially long description, etc?

Hi peeps, new to these forums. Haven't really had the need to enter here until today.

I'm experiencing the same issue. on 17/5/14 I was able to create 5 new caches which went through no problem at all. Tried with the 6th and I got as far as stage 3 in the process. Eventually gave up as it was giving me the same instruction as has been flagged up many times. Then I try again today and it lets me submit the form for review, but then I get a 500 error.

This is really frustrating. Anyone know what is going on. Have tried using IE, Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin. Doesn't matter which one I use it gives me the same results.

I have investigated the issue and it appears to be due to the fact that the description page is expecting a user to have BOTH or NEITHER of the country and state fields set in a user's profile. Your profile includes a country (Germany) without a state and the system does not know how to handle the autofilling of the cache country and state in that situation. I have left your settings as-is for now so the devs can use your account as an easy means of reproducing this behavior. Feel free to populate your state field if you need to move forward with your submission.

I did not see this post so started a new one sorry. I got sent this link by a person from the COG FB site. I am having the exact same problem.. I am hoping that it will correct itself and will try again this evening.

Have you tried fixing what Moun10Bike mentioned in the post right above yours?

...the description page is expecting a user to have BOTH or NEITHER of the country and state fields set in a user's profile. Your profile includes a country (Germany) without a state and the system does not know how to handle the autofilling of the cache country and state in that situation.

If you've already entered both the country and state/province in your profile and are still having the problem, then that information would be useful for their troubleshooting.

I did not see this post so started a new one sorry. I got sent this link by a person from the COG FB site. I am having the exact same problem.. I am hoping that it will correct itself and will try again this evening.

...the description page is expecting a user to have BOTH or NEITHER of the country and state fields set in a user's profile. Your profile includes a country (Germany) without a state and the system does not know how to handle the autofilling of the cache country and state in that situation.

If you've already entered both the country and state/province in your profile and are still having the problem, then that information would be useful for their troubleshooting.

odd as I live in Canada..

That issue has actually been fixed. Today's release included an update to .NET 4.5 and this is what is responsible for the current issues. The engineers are on it.

it seesm that the new update they did today did something to the cache submissiom page.. pthers are having the same problem and they are working on the fix

it seesm that the new update they did today did something to the cache submissiom page.. pthers are having the same problem and they are working on the fix

working fine now thanks

I placed a cache that i wanted to submit the same day. I didn't have access to a computer at that time so i tried submitting it on my Android phone. I too, would finish up step/page three, press continue, and then get redirected back to page one with the "looks like you have a saved draft" pop up in it. I'd click the "continue editing" (i think that's what it said) button, but then it would start the whole process over. Needless to say, i never was able to submit the cache. Very frustrating to say the least.

I did get home today and, using my computer, was able to submit the cache. The "saved draft" window came up but the only thing it remembered was the coordinates.

Again, frustrating, knowing that i wouldn't have had this problem if the old single page process were still available.

I am having similar problems...and have wasted an entire afternoon, just trying to submit a new geocache, which should be an easy procedure.

First, on my computer (Safari, MacAir), the page with TYPE/LOCATION froze and I could never change it or continue.

THEN... when I tried on my Android phone (Samsung 4) , I could reach the CACHE DESCRIPTION page, but if I wanted to continue, it would erase everything I had just written. I had no trouble on the previous forms and have submitted 28 other caches. :blink:

The submission form is not designed to work on mobile devices. You will need to use a computer instead.

The issue of "freezing" is one we've identified as a dialog failing to display on Macs when you have a saved draft. If you encounter this, you can hit your "Enter" key to continue with the saved draft or "Esc" to start over and you will be able to proceed.

The submission form is not designed to work on mobile devices. You will need to use a computer instead.

The issue of "freezing" is one we've identified as a dialog failing to display on Macs when you have a saved draft. If you encounter this, you can hit your "Enter" key to continue with the saved draft or "Esc" to start over and you will be able to proceed.

A few hours later, I tried to submit a second cache and there were absolutely no problems on my Mac. Everything worked perfectly. I must have tried earlier in the day at the exact time some other things were going on, or some bugs were being fixed. What are the odds? :huh:

Edited by AyJayBeeGee