Release Notes - May 13, 2014

While Logging caches today, we found a Issue with PMO Caches showing up in NON PM searches. Go To GC4R0WA, then Click the "Caches of this type that I haven't found" link. Emerald Cache Borer AND Other PMO caches DO Show up in the search WITH DISTANCE AND BEARING!

So, a Non PM Cacher could do this same search for Traditionals, and after 2 or 3 searches could locate the caches...Then Log them via alt means...

While Logging caches today, we found a Issue with PMO Caches showing up in NON PM searches. Go To GC4R0WA, then Click the "Caches of this type that I haven't found" link. Emerald Cache Borer AND Other PMO caches DO Show up in the search WITH DISTANCE AND BEARING!

So, a Non PM Cacher could do this same search for Traditionals, and after 2 or 3 searches could locate the caches...Then Log them via alt means...

That has been that way for years. In fact it is documented in the knowledge books as a way for non-pm to check proximity when hiding a cache. Yes they can figure out the coordinates, but they still can't see the cache page or any useful hints, or logs. As for logging by alternate means, if you found the cache and signed the log then you can log the cache.

Another issue with the Current Submission Process... For those of us that ACTUALLY CARE About GC Codes being Consecutive Without Gaps, the current process won't let me wait til I have a bunch of them ready, then hit the Submit at the same time.

With the old page, I could have 50 tabs open, and the Span between the First and Last caches would be between 50 and 55 GC Codes. Now, That's NOT EVEN AN OPTION!

What is the Timeframe for the Single page to be RE-ENABLED!

I hear bringing back the one page form is prioritized to be completed right after they bring back the virtuals. Should be real soon now.

hi there, on a listing I cant edit the starting coordinates - i solved a mystery cache and want to change its coordinates so that it shows in a PQ on the real location, not the set in system, but there is not more the edit option... is it a problem on my end?

You're right, I didn't even notice this! It's still in the HTML...

<a href="#" class="edit-cache-coordinates" id="uxLatLonLink" title="Correct these coordinates">

<strong>

<span id="uxLatLon">N 37° 19.976 W 121° 57.200</span></strong>

</a>

And the function buildCacheCoordMenu is still there.

Tested with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

on FF i see the Edit "pen" blink and disappear, Chrome and IE wont even show it.

hi there, on a listing I cant edit the starting coordinates - i solved a mystery cache and want to change its coordinates so that it shows in a PQ on the real location, not the set in system, but there is not more the edit option... is it a problem on my end?

You're right, I didn't even notice this! It's still in the HTML...

<a href="#" class="edit-cache-coordinates" id="uxLatLonLink" title="Correct these coordinates">

<strong>

<span id="uxLatLon">N 37° 19.976 W 121° 57.200</span></strong>

</a>

And the function buildCacheCoordMenu is still there.

Tested with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

on FF i see the Edit "pen" blink and disappear, Chrome and IE wont even show it.

I'm using Firefox, and it works Perfectly still!

I'm using Firefox, and it works Perfectly still!

Looks like the devs are back from a weekend of relaxing and (hopefully) geocaching and fixed it. It's working for me now too.

Yeah... Hopefully they get this submission page fixed as well...

Yeah... Hopefully they get this submission page fixed as well...

The new submission page works, it's just that it no longer fits your particular (and possibly unique) workflow.

...personally, I can't see how consecutive GC codes could be that important, but that's just me...

... Consecutive GC Codes are nice to the Finder so that they only have to change the number in the Address bar by 1 each time...

I.e. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?ID=4376470 IF this was a series then the ID=4376471 would be next.

Glance at my series Ghost Rail to ATL. South Starting is GC4A5BB, and the Bookmark list is Here to show the consecutive GC Codes as well.

The Steaks

I fail to see the overwhelming need for this. With GSAK logging a series is easy and certainly much easier than what your proposing. When logging a series I could care less about the sequence of the ID numbers. And your chances of getting the original cache submission page back is about as good as raising the Titanic. You really need to take a look at something like iMacros if you deem what is available unacceptable.