Statistics - log sizes

Hi! Long time cacher, first time poster.

I used to be a "Nice easy find, TFTC", but nowadays my logs are considerably longer. Waaaaaaaaay longer, to the point that my caching friends know me for my waffle. Anyway, I have found that mygeocachingprofile.com gives you the interesting stat of average log length in words and characters. Unfortunately, because of my early days of terseness it isn't as high as it could be, but I think 840 characters/154 words on average isn't bad.

So, does anyone know if there is somewhere I can compare myself to the serious loggers?

Thanks!

Stephen (Mr Wizz)

My Geocaching Profile lists stats for everyone who has a profile there. They have a stats section. It says that the longest average found log (characters) is 3621.

Such statistics do not take into account that there exist multi part logs of which only one part could be of type found it.

Cezanne

I'd just like to point out that longer logs are not necessarily better logs.

Cut-and-paste logs that are long will drive your average log length up but are incredibly annoying.

Even long logs that are partially cut-and-paste can be bad. We have a guy locally that posts very long logs that are, in my opinion, worse than TFTC logs. They include fill-in-the blank data on his find number, number of days in his current streak, distance to cache, weather conditions, etc. that are utterly irrelevant to the cache. It's all about him.

I'd just like to point out that longer logs are not necessarily better logs.

While this is true, many of the cachers with consistently long logs do write interesting stories with no multi-paste (or use of GSAK insertion features etc). I am currently #38 for log length on mygeocachingprofile.com. In the past (though not recently), I've looked at some of those with longer average logs than mine, wondering if they were "cheating" with multi-paste etc. I did not find any such. The cachers with the longest average logs were really writing them, no shortcuts, and generally interesting logs.

Edward

I didn't realise that part of mygeocachingprofile.com existed, but I have found it now! http://mygeocachingprofile.com/cacherrankings.aspx?sort=10

Looks like I'm in 72nd position. Now, if only GC.com could do a log length statistic... LOL!

Methinks that's about as close as you're going to get. Project-GC is an authorized app that uses the closely guarded geocaching.com API, and I'd highly doubt they would ever include such an obscure thing in the official profile stats on this website. But congratulations though! I am impressed. I've seen people who are probably high up on that list, but they pretty much babble on about nothing. No names, of course. :ph34r: