Looking for an EASY gps to buy and use

sussamb is probably right.

You have 54 finds (with a phone?).

Crossing over from phone to GPSr or vice-versa isn't easy for everyone.

The same for switching GPSr brands, or upgrading within the brand line. Something new to learn each time.

None are HARD to use, but you do have to learn them and their little quirks. Button, joystick or touch-screen -- it doesn't matter.

:)

The problem with the eTrex H is that on any modern computer, you have to buy a serial-to-usb adapter and possibly spend hours fiddling with it trying to set it up correctly so your computer can talk to it. By the time you factor in the price of the cable and the time you're going to spend fighting with it, you might as well look for a more modern USB-capable device that you'll pay a little more money for (like a nice eTrex Venture HC or something).

I want to get a gps but looking for something that is easy to use and figure out.

Oregon 450 ( touchscreen ) or 62S ( button )....both are Garmin.

If you're used to a smartphone, then look into grabbing a touchscreen unit like the Oregon 450. Otherwise, the GPSMAP 62. Both can be found for around $200. Otherwise, there are newer units like the Oregon 600 or the GPSMAP 64 that cost more. I think the button units have a slightly higher learning curve, but that could just be because I like touchscreen units more.

The problem with the eTrex H is that on any modern computer, you have to buy a serial-to-usb adapter and possibly spend hours fiddling with it trying to set it up correctly so your computer can talk to it.

Not so, I have never needed to connect it to a computer so it's the easiest and best GPS on the market to use and it's actually the preferred model for aviation because it's the most accurate. It just does not fail to perform!

B)