Accidentally came across a geocache tub

iron_foot

Hi guys.

i am new to Geocaching and haven't went looking for my first Geocache yet. yesterday when i was out doing my mean hobby which is metal detecting. i Accidentally stumbled across a geocache tub with the detector.

i signed the log book inside the tub. am i able to log on the site that i found it. i know very little about this kind of thing. any help would be much appreciated.

here is a couple of pics of the tub to view.

thanks in advance.....

DSCF0744_zpsa3e2a961.jpg

DSCF0746_zpsb55c61ff.jpg

Thanks to that last photo, the cache in question was easily found:

http://coord.info/GC211XW Reach for the Stars

A cache by DAAS

Congratulations on your first find! Sounds like you had an easier time finding it than others have, according to the recent logs. Must have been the metal detector. B)

Be sure to include the story of how you came upon it in your online "found it" log.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Sure, you found it, go ahead and log it!

I'm curious, though, how is it that you've just accidentally stumbled across your first geocache yesterday but you've had a GC.com account since November of last year? Signed up but never got around to trying it?

Anyway, congrats on your first find!

Thanks to that last photo, the cache in question was easily found:

http://coord.info/GC211XW Reach for the Stars

A cache by DAAS

Congratulations on your first find! Sounds like you had an easier time finding it than others have, according to the recent logs. Must have been the metal detector. B)

Be sure to include the story of how you came upon it in your online "found it" log.

B.

i was just out doing a couple of hours metal detecting with two friends and didn't expect to come a cross a geocache at all. i just thought the signal that the detector was picking up was just another bear can signal as the was loads of them about in that area from the youngsters that go drinking in them woods.

I'm curious, though, how is it that you've just accidentally stumbled across your first geocache yesterday but you've had a GC.com account since November of last year? Signed up but never got around to trying it?

i saw a video online of a guy doing some geocaching and thought to myself that's interesting. so i registered on the site with all the intentions of trying it out for myself, but just never got around to doing it.

Edited by iron_foot

i saw a video online of a guy doing some geocaching and thought to myself that's interesting. so i registered on the site with all the intentions of trying it out for myself, but just never got around to doing it.

Funny, I'm the exact opposite.....Geocaching is my main hobby but a few months ago I got it in my mind that metal detecting would be interesting. Bought the detector, played around with it in my yard a little, but haven't got around to getting out and doing any detecting ☺️