Geocaching Vehicles

Right now, we've got a Dodge. When we decide on what kind of vehicle we want, we go for whatever's cheapest and in best shape. We've been able to get some really great deals, but that also means that we've owned two vehicles in perhaps our least desired color: red. At least this most recent one isn't red inside, like the last one (a van, which we called the red blood cell).

When we realized that we owned a big red truck, we had to name it "Clifford". :)

On the beach in Oregon, Crap! Another Hill:

150dc8cd-76e6-4df3-98f1-45034683d2a3.jpeg

81bfaef6-4d39-480f-b947-6e7393f7335c.jpeg

I had this same problem before when I tried to add pictures. Why are my pictures so small, and how can I make them show bigger?

Hi uxorious,

did you load them up with the new attachment system? Normally you use the "insert image" button and paste the link to the picture. How big are the original files? Have you loaded up pictures before? Did it work in the past?

lumbricus

I had this same problem before when I tried to add pictures. Why are my pictures so small, and how can I make them show bigger?

Hi uxorious,

did you load them up with the new attachment system? Normally you use the "insert image" button and paste the link to the picture. How big are the original files? Have you loaded up pictures before? Did it work in the past?

lumbricus

When they came out so small, I did go back and try the new attachment system. That didn't make a difference.

I loaded the pictures into an archived cache of mine. I then used the "insert image" button to paste them here.

In my picture files the size shows as 2272 X 1704, but on the cache page it shows as 100 X 75. I note that the program says it will resize the picture, but it seems it makes it too small.

A few years ago I was trying to post into another thread and had the same problem. If I remember right the solution was easy, but I don't remember now what I was doing wrong then. :huh:

It does seem to me I have loaded pictures into the forum since then without a problem, but not sure.

I figured out what my problem was. I was copying the link from the thumbnail picture. After I clicked on the thumbnail and copied the info from the bigger picture it worked.

I knew it was something simple, just hope I remember next time. :o:P

Great, now it works fine!

I had to recycle this one of my vehicle... if first was posted in How I Spent My Weekend thread.. but was part of that story... This is about a photo of my vehicle (or whatever it ends up being).

Taken last fall when the days were about the same as now... snow in the mornings and melted mid day.

That was some nice late afternoon. Stayed out until dark after a trip to the next town for business and shopping.

I think this one could almost qualify for late day, geocaches and snow (melted), and vehicle, maybe more of these threads, but here it will land.

2785.jpg

This is a parking spot for This Place is the Pitts! and a very nice view... that said despite posting a DNF on the cache... but time was short that day. My 89 'Jimmy' was not at fault for that.

Doug 7rxc

My sport vehicle:

40e85cf5-63af-4e82-bca3-e8bbed1a025d.jpg

My utility vehicle:

107c1406-7e90-4a64-bd42-10b61ac23235.jpg

The utility vehicle, together with some serious back-road maps (I carry multiple different sets) are a killer combination for the kinds of caches I want - really remote ones.

Plenty of room in the back for camping equipment (food, beer), and when rearranged a bit, one stretched out cacher.

I had to recycle this one of my vehicle... if first was posted in How I Spent My Weekend thread.. but was part of that story... This is about a photo of my vehicle (or whatever it ends up being).

Taken last fall when the days were about the same as now... snow in the mornings and melted mid day.

That was some nice late afternoon. Stayed out until dark after a trip to the next town for business and shopping.

I think this one could almost qualify for late day, geocaches and snow (melted), and vehicle, maybe more of these threads, but here it will land.

2785.jpg

This is a parking spot for This Place is the Pitts! and a very nice view... that said despite posting a DNF on the cache... but time was short that day. My 89 'Jimmy' was not at fault for that.

Doug 7rxc

My son has a Jimmy, but it's not in as good of shape as yours. It was cheap, though! :P

Nice parking spot, btw.

Edited by Ambrosia

My son has a Jimmy, but it's not in as good of shape as yours. It was cheap, though! :P

Nice parking spot, btw.

I bought that one in 2006 when I was moving up here. It was a rush purchase and I was hoping it would last at least one year... it did!. It is getting a bit long in the tooth though. Still it drove us down to Ontario and back in 2010 and a lot of other trips. However, it is taking more time to keep it running now. Don't think it will be easy to find a replacement... so it will likely just go on a bit longer. Me too, I hope!

Doug 7rxc

My wifes YJ, our rubicon, and my Bronco (all pictures on trail in an OHV park).

dc442796-ebd8-4572-aca4-777a32ae157b.jpg

Nice!

About 5 years ago, we sold our YJ. Loved that thing! But, the main offroad park disappeared, the clubs fell apart, and we got older and moved on.

normal_DTShocks.jpg

Lots of offroading memories

Edited by Lieblweb
About 5 years ago, we sold our YJ. Loved that thing! But, the main offroad park disappeared, the clubs fell apart, and we got older and moved on. Lots of offroading memories

Wheelin is what we do, luckily the Tillamook State Forest OHV area isnt going anywhere as of yet...has something to do with 'The Tillamook Burn' and land management. My wife is PR chairman of region 3 in the Pacific Four Wheel Drive Association and we are members of 'Tread Lightly!'. Her and I have been hosting The Oregon Trophy Challenge for the last few years. We have been doing poker runs out there for the last ten years or so and thought we would show our appeciation of all the hard work others have done over the years putting 'their' events together. Yes, we are getting older, it's starting to be more like work, but it's still our passion.

Edited by Pontoffel Pock

Sparwood! I see that truck every time we drive up to Calgary to visit family!

THAT explains Charlies Cache near Frank, AB. I take it you are that Moun10Bike.

I always use that cache as a jibe at people who 'hate' caches in rockpiles.

In fact I just made a recommendation to a person I'm meeting tomorrow at WBT as a good stop to make on the way over... my first searches for his username failed to find him in the logs, but the 4th one did for some reason.hmm

Maybe he'll try the second one.

edit: Don't see your username in the logs... aha!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Wheelin is what we do, luckily the Tillamook State Forest OHV area isnt going anywhere as of yet...has something to do with 'The Tillamook Burn' and land management. My wife is PR chairman of region 3 in the Pacific Four Wheel Drive Association and we are members of 'Tread Lightly!'. Her and I have been hosting The Oregon Trophy Challenge for the last few years. We have been doing poker runs out there for the last ten years or so and thought we would show our appeciation of all the hard work others have done over the years putting 'their' events together. Yes, we are getting older, it's starting to be more like work, but it's still our passion.

Sounds like you're doing a huge part to keep things active in the hobby!! I praise you & your wife for all the efforts. I know - it's a HUGE amount of work (that most people don't realize).

We started back in 99 with a Toyota truck. Around here, there's a pretty big jeep following with 2 very big jeep clubs. Having that Toyota history - we always wanted to get everyone (non-jeep) folks together to go offroading. We had started our own club and it lasted for several years until some politics & lack of people wanting to help out - it dissolved. The Jeep clubs have always been nice to include non-jeeps, but it was never the same. And then Paragon Adventure Park closed up. That place was awesome!! Rausch Creek was just getting started at that time - we help mark & cut trails for them. That was fun.

After 10 years of wheelin.... We started geocaching. :laughing:

This is my 'pavement queen' geocaching vehicle. :laughing:

After all those years (and vehicles) of needing to do mud/maintenance - I vowed to keep this one clean & prestine.

normal_September08.jpg