Night Photography

This thread might have an overlap with the late evening/early morning thread, hope that's fine. Some of the best "night" photography is right after the golden hour.

One of my favorite times to take photos is at night. I'm a bit obsessed with it, even though I don't do as good of a job with it as I would like, nor do I understand photoshop enough to manipulate night photography like I should. But I try!

This would also be a great place to show night caching, with flash photography (and people!). Night caching can be so much fun!

If you can, post a link to the cache the picture is from.

Edited by Ambrosia

There was a good memory with this one. At a behind-the-bar cache in a popular cruise-ship port, we stayed and chatted and drank until the cruisers all left, the sun went down, the cruise ships drifted off, and the locals came out.

3adccef1-c855-4668-8944-cb4377b95135.jpg

Took the picture while chatting with the owner of a beach bar in paradise, with an ammo can sitting between us.

I was quite happy we came by land and stayed a few days.

...Night caching can be so much fun!...

That's true!

The following two pictures have been taken at a great sled event - GC44NR1 - Schlideifoarn

734e73ae59c25ff85f8cffbe429680cb.jpg

847276e109878ddf07dacdabc837b7ff.jpg

f83e3cffd89ad523af724eae1aa5bedb.jpg

Stage of a Multi-Cache at night - GC38BBR - TNT

4d0a2b0df31d967f59eb841142805747.jpg

Stage of a Multi at night - GC33ZQB - Wathosenparty -> wet, wet very wet :anibad:

...A really old picture (2002), night caching with my children. I just love this picture so much. It looks like a selfie, but I'm just holding on to the tree. My husband took the pic.

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Geocaching is really a perfect family activity. :grin:

...A really old picture (2002), night caching with my children. I just love this picture so much. It looks like a selfie, but I'm just holding on to the tree. My husband took the pic.

It looks like you had a lot of fun. Geocaching is really a perfect family activity. :grin:

I need to get another photo caching with them, now that they're (mostly) adults. :) Here's a photo of them last time we all went caching, last fall. Not the best photo, and it's off topic! The middle one is my daughter's husband.

6031817d-55e4-48b2-a849-1ead99fcfaee.jpg

I like night photography too (and most certainly night caching)!

Light painting at a FTF (Premier à trouver - PAT in French)

post-425817-064271000 1430924962_thumb.jpg

Playing with the background at Kilauea (Hawaii)

post-425817-044309000 1430924971_thumb.jpg

Going for a cache and a lunch in a cabin in Gatineau Park

post-425817-038724200 1430924982_thumb.jpg

On 5/8/2014 at 12:56 PM, Ambrosia said:

This thread might have an overlap with the late evening/early morning thread, hope that's fine. Some of the best "night" photography is right after the golden hour.

Yep,that's what I've heard called the blue hour.  Usually there is enough light to create images without any need for post-processing.

Screenshot_20210811-215146_Chrome.jpg