Photo competition May 2014 - Travel/Holiday's

Firstly thank you to Crochetlady and her daughter for choosing my photo from April's competition.

I'm getting to travel around with my new job and also have time to have some fun Geocaching adventures, And really enjoying exploring the areas I go. So this month the challenge is to show us all where caching has taken you while on your Travel's/Holiday's.

rules are:

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific cache (any type including events), caching series or a cache with stunning views while away from home(Can be the UK or overseas) - please include a link to the cache or the GC code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Maximum of two photos per caching team or cacher

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme if they wish.

5) Given the theme, the photo can be taken at any point through your caching history.

That's it - now it's over to you. Hope to see some lovely place's

Here's my entry for May. The photos below are from when my muggle father and I climbed Snowdon in celebration of his 70th birthday.

The cache in question is the extremely popular 'Summit or submit', which has had over 1,100 finds since it was published in August 2006. My log for my find on this cache is here.

The first photo is of my father at the summit, with Llanberis in the background. We climbed the Miners Track in cloud and light rain, but when we hit the ridge just below the summit, the clouds began to clear and the sun came out. It was so nice that we spent well over an hour at the top, chatting with each other and others who'd made the climb up (on foot or by the train!)..

We also saw some good examples of the phenomenon of a 'brocken spectre', which is what the second photo shows. I hadn't seen one for what must have been 15 years.

All in all, a good trip and a good way for my father and I to mark his milestone birthday.

b75e23c7-b545-47d1-80d7-998984093324.jpg

a378e62f-93bd-44e7-84dc-b42d4c28a8f7.jpg

Our most exotic geocaching location was Majorca, last summer. Whilst most tourists stayed on the beach, we ventured off into the prickly hills for a couple of caches. There was one in an underground bunker (but my pictures of that were rubbish) and this one Buena Vista - na Penyal in a cave over looking the resort:

eb4df106-94ca-47c6-a10c-97bf95b72ed9.jpg

Hobgoblin junior dodging the prickly pears on the way up to the cave.

ceb47d03-2499-41e2-bef1-0fd1c81e04ee.jpg

We sat here for ages enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures. We had a punnet of cherries and had fun spitting out the stones at the cacti.

And the winner is ************** hobgoblinkiteflier *************

With this lovely view and Hobgoblin junior looking like she's just been caught grabbing the cache.

ceb47d03-2499-41e2-bef1-0fd1c81e04ee.jpg

I look forward to seeing what Topic you choose.

Thanks to all that entered it was tough to choose some great looking places it was a close call

Yorkshire Yellow with his shot of his Dad and Ranger Roo with the photo of Burma are both close second and I have starting planning to visit both of these caches when i finish work later in the year.

Thanks All

CaveBadgerMan