Close a zone after player leaves

troobloo

Is it possible to forward urwigo file of a Wherigo to get some assistance with a couple of issues.

My problems may be a simple fix but I cannot resolve them.

1. I have 7 zones active and need to close a zone after player leaves that zone. (error message in urwigo builder)

2. Completion code, I cannot get it right.

I have persisted and connot resolve these issues.

regards,

troobloo

Email me

Posting as a moderator:

I split this topic off from another topic as the last post on that topic was in 2008 and this new post didn't seem to relate that well to the topic itself. Unfortunately, the forum is a bit weird and kept timing out on me. After repeating the action four times, I was able to move this post to its own topic, though the forum reports it was started by "Guest_0_*". Whatever.

Posting as a community member:

I would, actually, recommend setting the zone to inactive (active = false) when the player enters the zone (OnEnter). I recommend this because, if the GPS drifts too much while the player is on the zone's edge (or the player him/herself moves around in the zone too much), it could trigger the OnEnter event again, probably while the player already has dialog visible. And for Garmin GPS receivers, if an input is visible when the OnEnter event triggers a MessageBox, Input, or Dialog, the GPS receiver will turn off.

Anyway, to "close a zone", set its active property to false. In Urwigo, select your zone and look on the "Properties" pane. At the bottom, you'll see a section called "Events". Click on the "unhandled" link and add your commands, in this case set the zone's active property to false.

As far as the completion code goes, you'll have to be more specific instead of just saying you "cannot get it right". When you're testing your cartridge in the emulator, you will not have a completion code, much less a valid one. Valid completion codes are only generated when the cartridge's GWC file is downloaded from Wherigo.com. In addition, Wherigo.com can generate a completion code of more than the required fifteen characters. Urwigo includes code to trim the excess off, so you shouldn't have to worry about that in your cartridge.

Email you link:

No, I don't think so. This is a community discussion board. Other people may have your same question or problem. By posting answers openly and not by direct email, everyone can learn, contribute, and get the help they need.