Any NE Indiana Geocachers want to help a TB complete it's journey?

CCrew

I'm headed to Shipshewana on November 9, and am trying to get this bug to complete it's quest. Yes, I know I've had it for a bit, but it's with the owners blessing :-)

Purdue 2

This is one of a pair that were released in Alaska, to make a journey back to Purdue, IN. One went missing immediately.The owner and I would really like to see this complete it's quest, and would love it if someone could run it the last leg of it's journey. Any help appreciated, you can email if needed. Thanks!

-Roger

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side

How are you getting to Shipshewana? If you'll be driving, and if you'll be on I-80/90 east of Angola, you can drop it in the 80/90 Westbound Cache near Angola (ZIP: 46703). We can pick it up from there and bring it back to Fort Wayne or Huntington, which will get it on or near US 24, which is one of the more popular routes from here to West Lafayette.

If you won't be on 80/90 near there, you'll probably be on I-69 through Fort Wayne, in which case you could easily drop it in a cache near here yourself, or we could meet you somewhere and arrange a handoff if you'll be in a hurry.

If you'll be on a charter bus or something else that just can't stop between home and Shipshewana, consider getting in touch with GeoStars, who live near there and could probably help you out somehow.

If it's anywhere in the area that we can get it, we can get it directly into the hands of Big Mike. I'm on call all day the 9th so a direct meet would be iffy at best but if you put it in a local cache or Team Tigger gets it, we could definitely help it along it's journey.

GeoMedic - team leader of GeoStars

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the response.

I'll be coming into Shipshewana driving, but I'll be driving a diesel crewcab pulling almost 36' of RV trailer. Basically I need almost as much room as a tractor trailer to maneuver, so it'll almost have to be something like a rest area cache, or something with easy access in/out as something in some outta the way cul-de-sac is going to be a tad difficult. Since I'm dropping the trailer in Shipshewana for repairs, I'll be leaving the morning of the 10th without the trailer in tow, so something close by like a "cache-n-dash" would also work well.

What would be of value is if someone local knows of a good cache that meets the description, and could pick up the bug so that it can get on it's way. Barring that, I guess that meeting someone and doing a handoff would work well also. I'm headed to the K-Z plant if you're familiar with that area.

Thanks!

Roger

quote:
Originally posted by CCrew:

so it'll almost have to be something like a rest area cache

As it happens, that's exactly what 80/90 Westbound Cache is. I haven't found it yet myself, but the description says it's easily accessible from the westbound service area near Fremont, Indiana (the first service area after you cross the state line into Indiana.) It's also apparently rather accessible for locals who aren't traveling on the toll road, and it's not too far from I-69, so it seems like it'd be an ideal spot to drop off a bug.

Thanks again guys..

Actually looks like the 80/90 westbound cache is about 30 miles one way.. opposite from where I'm going. Closest cache appears to be the Queen of Diamonds cache which is 4 miles away. Any one familiar with this one? If I get to K-Z on Sunday, it's feasible to drop the trailer and hit that one quickly..

Thanks!

Roger

Queen of Diamonds cache is a small ammo container. I'm not sure it would be large enough to hold most TB. I'd still suggest either Clearspring Cache(park on the shoulder of the road) or our Hop,Skip and Jump cache in Delt Church Park (road runs in a circle in case you still have the trailer). If you can't find a cache, we can arrange to meet you.

Wulf

Thanks guys.. I have to agree, given scheduling, looks like Clearspring might indeed be the best bet.

At the present time, I'm shooting for Sunday evening, but Monday am also may be a possibility.

Sorry for being a PITA, but here's "Queen Mary" what I'm set up like, so getting to most caches is a tad on the difficult side!

Regards,

Roger