Group coins

sweet yet evil

It has been a long time since I have been in the forums. I came in to see if there were any group coin buy ins like geo nerds, the guitars, ducks etc and I did not see any going on. Is this a change to the forums? Where do people go when looking for the group coins?

Thanks!

SYE

We have done (and are doing) some group coins.

Currently, the Owl geocoin and Butterfly Cachers are open for participation.

In the past we have done also the Hedgehog group coin.

Contact me if you are interested.

Oakcoins / Geoswag recently had sign-ups again this year for geowoodstock. I don't know if it is too late to sign up or not.

That closed a while back, GWS has already started. It was never offered here in the geocoin forum. Best guess about 'why not' is that it was not a trackable group project coin. The forum doesn't allow discussion of non-trackables. Sad, because afaik, there aren't that many produced anymore and it has, imo, prompted a lot of forum followers to alternate resources like FB, etc.

I did a group coin in 2013 and will be doing another one next year for the 15th anniversary of geocaching.

Was an offer to participate ever posted here in the geocoin forum? I don't recall seeing it .. but I could be mistaken.

pulse72 had done a vw camper geocoin that could be personalized to metals and colors of your choice...I'm not sure if that is still ongoing or not

Any option to participate in a vw camper project coin was never posted here ... sadly...

We have done (and are doing) some group coins.

Currently, the Owl geocoin and Butterfly Cachers are open for participation.

In the past we have done also the Hedgehog group coin.

Contact me if you are interested.

I don't recall seeing anything posted here in the geocoin forum offering participation ... maybe my memory is faulty, and the hedgehog I believe was before my time here.

---------------------------

The only ones I recall seeing here anytime lately were the special sequential date project coins - 11-11-11, 12-12-12, 11-12-13, etc.

It would be a thrill to see more information posted here about projects, new coins, etc. Most of what we hear these days is how FB and other groups are more popular and convenient. Something about 'like me' and we'll put you on a mail list. Coin minting sites say 'select [x] to put you on our mailing list for news and updates' -- I have ... and I receive VERY little. :(

I did a group coin in 2013 and will be doing another one next year for the 15th anniversary of geocaching.

Was an offer to participate ever posted here in the geocoin forum? I don't recall seeing it .. but I could be mistaken.

The offer was posted here in April 2013 (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=310065). We ended up with 15 participants and 20 different coins.

I'll be starting the group project for next year a little earlier. Probably in February.

The offer was posted here in April 2013 (http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=310065). We ended up with 15 participants and 20 different coins.

I'll be starting the group project for next year a little earlier. Probably in February.

OK ... but that was only for the Atlantic Cachers coin. Not sure how many worldwide cachers were interested in producing their very own Atlantic Cachers coin ... ?? I don't think many coiners needed at least 10 of their own version of a very specific regional coin. What about the others I mentioned ??