Lancaster / SE Columbus OH - I removed most of my caches

Rubbertoe

I just wanted to let anyone in the area know that I've removed a bunch of my caches - so there are plenty of prime spots around Lancaster, far SE Columbus, and even around the Hocking Hills now. Places where my caches used to be, but are no more. icon_wink.gif

With my new job (among other things) I don't have the time needed to be able to propely maintain my caches if they "went bad" so I decided to scoop them all up for the time being. I've still got one down by Deer Creek State Park, and one out by the haunted tunnel at Moonville - but those will most likely be archived here in the next month or so as well.

Hopefully this will allow some of the other local cachers some new areas to place caches where they might not have wanted to before. icon_biggrin.gif

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with a BLOG! Woot."

This really bums me out. icon_frown.gif My sister is graduating from OU this coming weekend. I had planned our route from Columbus to Athens and back based on the geocaches that we could visit. The one that I most interested in going to was your Keychain Trading Post (GC7341). I have a beaded lizard key chain that I picked up from a cache in New Smyrna Beach, Florida and my signature item keychain that I wanted to exchange there. If you ever bring back the cache, let me know! I would love to visit it.

My Signature Item - RAM Keychain

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/106396_500.jpg

Yeah, I was kinda-sorta thinking about letting people adopt them... but to tell the truth, none of them were in terribly unique positions - or contained enough "neat stuff" that someone would really want to take them off my hands. The only one I'm considering pimping out to folks is the Moonville cache... it is in a pretty unique location, and replaced one that turned to geotrash due to the location/container/weather.

A couple other reasons I chose to archive rather than try to xfer ownership... 1, it is probably a bit of a PITA for TPTB to do the proper stuff to note the changes on the site - and 2, I am hoping that new ones will spring up in new areas, so I can go after them too. icon_smile.gif No fun in tracking down your own previously-owned caches. icon_biggrin.gif

Hope you can find another good route for your trip this weekend, curt!s. icon_smile.gif

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with a BLOG! Woot."

quote:
Originally posted by Jacksons:

does this mean I hace to come down to lancaster and place a few? icon_eek.gif

I'm a man and I can change if I have to,I guess.

NO!!!! I've found all but two of yours and now you're going to force me to have to find more of them? icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

Man, that sucks...I just downloaded all 623 active geocaches within 100 miles from my house last night...Now those are missing!

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.