Garmin Oregon 600 or GPS 64s

After 14 years with my Magellan GPS 315 I think it's about time to update my equipment and enjoy the new features the latest generation has to offer. Currently, the German Alpine Club is offering two Garmin units, both with a set of high quality digital maps of the Alps (and at reduces prices for members). There is a choice between the Gamin GPS 64s and the Oregon 600, only with a minor difference in price. According to the data sheets tbe main differences are the touch screen and the higher resolution display in the Oregon and the larger memory in the GPS 64 s. Since none of these features are important enough for me to be deal breakers I would highly appreciate any recommendations/experiences that help me decide which one to get. I intend to use the unit both for geocaching and hiking/mountaineering.

Recommendations, anyone?

I've been thinking about the 650t but have read the screen freezes up. Have you experienced this at all? Nothing concerns me more than Garmin Beta devices. I almost feel like Garmin's are not worth their weight until they've been on the market for two years. (This is coming from a guy that has owned a Garmin 62st, Garmin Monterra and now a Garmin 62s.)

I've been thinking about the 650t but have read the screen freezes up. Have you experienced this at all? Nothing concerns me more than Garmin Beta devices. I almost feel like Garmin's are not worth their weight until they've been on the market for two years. (This is coming from a guy that has owned a Garmin 62st, Garmin Monterra and now a Garmin 62s.)

I agree with the 2 year wait....that's just the way it is.

The main reason I'm a " button man " is I want a unit that's easy to use with one hand. I'm either driving or have a hiking stick in the other.