Selfmade Geocaching/Signal Stuff

Hi,

please show all your selfmade things about Geocaching, Coins, Signal, etc.

I'll start with some of mine:

0fff6fc4c9a6333b0faa539362ca01e0.jpg

Trackable 3D-Signal

f148861d0bf8a7ee789ead2cfecdbdb0.jpg

Where's Signal? puzzle

572a25fd707e092f342dfc66f1587200.jpg

Halloween Signal

ac232cbd7f5d4af83df5a1118b9988ea.jpg

Coin/Trackable icon art (for a t-shirt)

18dd131eb877d3a96a9c3e0070e9a519.jpg

Signal carving board and a t-shirt

...I would get one of these for my kids for Christmas (the older ones might roll their eyes a bit but they'd still build it)!

I'm sorry, but at the moment there is only one puzzle which I made for me, but perhaps Geocaching will do some in the future? Maybe. By the way there are shops in the internet which can do a puzzle from every picture/grafic you like. Ravensburger is a very good quality. :antenna:

vsjhxs.jpgdblis8.jpg

Does this count? I designed* a batch of signature items/bottlecap charms. I've yet to memorize the code for decoding additional hints on caches and I got tired of always having to write out the alphabet on whatever scrap of paper I could find, so I made these. I figured maybe other people have the same problem, and I've read that quite a few people out there like to collect signature items, so...best of both worlds? Maybe?

*I know it's a ridiculously simple design, and maybe there was a fast and easy way to go about it, but this was kind of a labor of love for me, so I'm pretty proud of it anyway.

• Funny 1
On 5/25/2014 at 6:11 PM, grufflepuff said:

Does this count? I designed* a batch of signature items/bottlecap charms. I've yet to memorize the code for decoding additional hints on caches and I got tired of always having to write out the alphabet on whatever scrap of paper I could find, so I made these. I figured maybe other people have the same problem, and I've read that quite a few people out there like to collect signature items, so...best of both worlds? Maybe?

*I know it's a ridiculously simple design, and maybe there was a fast and easy way to go about it, but this was kind of a labor of love for me, so I'm pretty proud of it anyway.

Nice design! And useful, too! I think people will like those.

Edited by kunarion

Hi,

please show all your selfmade things about Geocaching, Coins, Signal, etc.

I'll start with some of mine:

0fff6fc4c9a6333b0faa539362ca01e0.jpg

Trackable 3D-Signal

f148861d0bf8a7ee789ead2cfecdbdb0.jpg

Where's Signal? puzzle

572a25fd707e092f342dfc66f1587200.jpg

Halloween Signal

ac232cbd7f5d4af83df5a1118b9988ea.jpg

Coin/Trackable icon art (for a t-shirt)

18dd131eb877d3a96a9c3e0070e9a519.jpg

Signal carving board and a t-shirt

I love that cutting board! Anything laser engraved catches my eye, great job. Do you have your own machine?

Mine are sort of similar to Grufflepuff's, although didn't think to add the clip to them to make them into keyrings or zipper pulls. I did make up some little info cards on them though, and popped them in small ziplock bags (useful for keeping logs dry) so folks know what the design is, and what it means:

post-11201212-056468700 1436993893_thumb.jpg

vsjhxs.jpgdblis8.jpg

I really REALLY like this!!

I'm going to see if I can fix something like this as well :D

There's a "Roaring '20s" Mega Event next year, so I'm making a new collection of "kunarion's Cache Zippers".  These are serialized (not official trackable items) keychains, each with one cool zipper pull, and for now a solid 24-Karat gold* dragon! This time there's a "compass watch" number tag attached, so you'll know what you've found.  I'm also attaching an extra surprise already (not pictured).  I place these in random caches, and only containers in which they fit, so be sure you place a lotta decent sized caches. :D

Here's the protoype, the very first ones in the design:

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

*May contain no actual gold.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 3
  • Funny 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, VAVAPAM said:

Where?

In Rome, Georgia, USA.  The theme for the Event will be "The Roaring 20s", so I'm designing some Art Deco retro things now for sig items, starting with the new cache zippers.  Wherever I go caching, I'll grab a few sig items to place.  Could be most anywhere, although I'm most often around the Atlanta area.

I don't go to the Event every year.  But I usually make the cacher card (it's like baseball card) and some other themed stuff.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, kunarion said:

In Rome, Georgia, USA.  The theme for the Event will be "The Roaring 20s", so I'm designing some Art Deco retro things now for sig items, starting with the new cache zippers.  I don't always go to the Event every year.  But I usually make the cacher card (it's like baseball card) and some other stuff.

You mean like this ... Von Cache Family  and this ... Ike13

I found those 2016 cards on a mountaintop in Virginia.  Wow, nice work and fun stories!

Should-a gone when it was in Pine Mtn.  Rome's a bit off my southbound path.  Then again, October's a good time of year.  Hmmmmm.....

[pulls up caching map]  :D

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, VAVAPAM said:

You mean like this ... Von Cache Family  and this ... Ike13

Yes, they're printed by the Going Caching folks for the Mega.  This year I was a pirate.  Last year the theme was "ghosts", and I made a "Ouija Board" ROT-13 decoder for the back of my card.  I was a "ghost" in my old outfit.  Now I can re-use this "1920s" period costume again! :P  I have grand ideas for photoshopping myself into some old photo.  Not sure how to actually get the pose just right.  Gonna need a director/coach who has a photographer's eye to help line it up. 

• Upvote 1

Here are my prototypes for '20s Hotel Key swag items.  The skeleton key is the same design as the ones HunterandSamuel suggested in another thread.  The finish may be different.

These have the "hotel name" on one side and a ROT13 decoder on the back.  I'm sure you remember the luxurious four-star Hotel Kunarion, very popular in its time.  OK, I made it up. :cute:

IMG_E3463.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, kunarion said:

Here are my prototypes for '20s Hotel Key swag items.  The skeleton key is the same design as the ones HunterandSamuel suggested in another thread.  The finish may be different.

These have the "hotel name" on one side and a ROT13 decoder on the back.  I'm sure you remember the luxurious four-star Hotel Kunarion, very popular in its time.  OK, I made it up. :cute:

IMG_E3463.jpg

They came out beautiful!!!! 

On 11/6/2019 at 3:41 PM, kunarion said:

I have grand ideas for photoshopping myself into some old photo. 

A tintype!  I think they stopped making them in the 1940's so it will definitely go with your 1920 theme. I found a couple of them in an antique store. You can drill a hole in the top. There are places that will do tintypes today. The right pose would be like this, sitting in a chair, and don't smile! lol 

tintype1.jpg

On 1/27/2020 at 11:12 PM, kunarion said:

IMG_E3463.jpg

I love finding skeleton keys. That swag is amazing! I would love finding something like that in a cache!

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
On 1/29/2020 at 7:32 AM, HunterandSamuel said:

A tintype!  I think they stopped making them in the 1940's so it will definitely go with your 1920 theme. I found a couple of them in an antique store. You can drill a hole in the top. There are places that will do tintypes today. The right pose would be like this, sitting in a chair, and don't smile! lol 

tintype1.jpg

They had to do that back then because of the equipment/materials/process they used. You would have to use very bright conditions, and a super long shutter speed. So long in fact that there was no shutter on the camera, but only a lens cap. You loaded your film, set your focus on a glass screen, put in the coated plate (with emulsion you made yourself) and removed the lens cap, using a watch to time the exposure, then popped the cap back over the lens. It took so long, that they actually had metal braces that went around the waste and sometimes the back of the neck to keep the person still. Any movement would ruin the shot. So smiles and such were not encouraged.

Seeker_Knight

• Upvote 1

Here are my new Cache Zippers for 2022.  They have more of an "ancient Egypt" theme this year, and each is numbered.  There's a scarab and other items attached.  I haven't decided on a card design to include in the ziplock bag.  The black object here is a bottle and soda can opener.  Some will have the skeleton keys instead because I have a few keys left.  :anicute:

I plan to make 50 of these, and most go into my least muggled caches.

IMG_6767a.jpg

IMG_6771a.jpg

IMG_6773a.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Love 1

This year's Kunarion's Cache Zipper theme is "The Year Of The Dragon".  No two are the same, each is numbered, and each is a signature item, Swag for trade.  2024 is a year of the Wood Dragon, starting on February 10th, 2024 (Chinese New Year) and ending on January 28th, 2025.

image.jpeg.85058ecd05f5b24a204d6c5d215f5dbc.jpeg

• Helpful 2
  • Love 1