The Amazon is passing through

Team Tecmage

BTW - everyone else:

We're talking about getting Wonder Woman into Tecmage's hands in Iowa before they go to Hawaii in early May.

Found this after you posted in the Challenge of the Superfriends thread, MissJenn

Did I read that right? You picked up Wonder Woman from Up Marsh Creek? I haven't received notification that you logged it yet.

Never mind. Just checked her page - I just haven't received notification yet. Must be a bottleneck at the Geocaching HQ.

Very cool log.

Now I'm bummed - I didn't realize how far east South Bend was. icon_frown.gif I don't know if I can go THAT far between April 19 and May 1. I wonder if we can find some intermediary person reading this post that could get a Travel Bug from South Bend area over closer to Chicago (West Lafayette or Portage?) in the quickest possible time.

BTW - I hear New & Improved Irish Potatoes is a pretty good cache. It's been around forever and is only about 10 miles from South Bend.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

BTW - everyone else:

We're talking about getting Wonder Woman into Tecmage's hands in Iowa before they go to Hawaii in early May.

Found this after you posted in the Challenge of the Superfriends thread, MissJenn

Did I read that right? You picked up Wonder Woman from Up Marsh Creek? I haven't received notification that you logged it yet.

Never mind. Just checked her page - I just haven't received notification yet. Must be a bottleneck at the Geocaching HQ.

Very cool log.

Now I'm bummed - I didn't realize how far east South Bend was. icon_frown.gif I don't know if I can go THAT far between April 19 and May 1. I wonder if we can find some intermediary person reading this post that could get a Travel Bug from South Bend area over closer to Chicago (West Lafayette or Portage?) in the quickest possible time.

BTW - I hear New & Improved Irish Potatoes is a pretty good cache. It's been around forever and is only about 10 miles from South Bend.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

I don't yet know exactly which cache I will place WW into - it depends on which cache I find, first of all. But that's less important than this question:

Will WonderWoman be able to catch a ride with Tecmage in Chicago and reach her first goal of Paradise Island?

Anyone? icon_confused.gif

I don't yet know exactly which cache I will place WW into - it depends on which cache I find, first of all. But that's less important than this question:

Will WonderWoman be able to catch a ride with Tecmage in Chicago and reach her first goal of Paradise Island?

Anyone? icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

_Will WonderWoman be able to catch a ride with Tecmage in Chicago and reach her first goal of Paradise Island?_

I would just like to point out, for those who are as confused as I was until I went and looked at Wonder Woman's page, that there is more than one Paradise Island and apparently we're not talking about the one near Nassau, Bahamas. icon_smile.gif

quote:

_Will WonderWoman be able to catch a ride with Tecmage in Chicago and reach her first goal of Paradise Island?_

I would just like to point out, for those who are as confused as I was until I went and looked at Wonder Woman's page, that there is more than one Paradise Island and apparently we're not talking about the one near Nassau, Bahamas. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I was just going to ask the same question...

Tecmage, would you be able to get to the Chicago area between April 28 and when you leave? I __KNOW__ which cache I'd put it in.

Markwell

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/markwellcachemain.htm

I just had this weekend shot from under me- work. Tracy and I might not make it to Chicago, but I'm trying to talk a friend into finding her first Geocache.

A friend of mine is coming to the wedding and staying at a hotel .5 miles from a cache! We'll be near the cache a few times before we head West on the 5th. Cross your fingers.

Richard

Hey All,

When BrandonSi drops the Amazon, I think I have a ride for her to Iowa. A friend is willing to drive to Chicago and bring WW back with him.

My students are presenting robotic projects next week, and the materials I need to build their maze just arrived today! That means I'm in the lab tuning up robots and building a maze all weekend.

We really appreciate the help in getting WW moved to Hawaii.

Richard

quote:
Originally posted by BrandonSi:

Have you placed WW yet?

Not yet - I will probably do it tomorrow morning (Saturday). icon_cool.gif

I will put a note on WW saying something along the lines of "She is waiting specifically for someone to pick her up and bring her to Chicago, so if this ain't you, leave her here." Sort of. But more polite than that.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 19, 2002 at 02:32 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by BrandonSi:

Have you placed WW yet?

Not yet - I will probably do it tomorrow morning (Saturday). icon_cool.gif

I will put a note on WW saying something along the lines of "She is waiting specifically for someone to pick her up and bring her to Chicago, so if this ain't you, leave her here." Sort of. But more polite than that.

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 19, 2002 at 02:32 PM.]

I'm not sure if I will be the one heading to get WW or whether a friend of mine is going to get her. I wanted to say thanks for getting her within striking (Geocaching) distance of us.

There are several caches on Ohau and Maui that we're either going to be near (sightseeing), or visiting. If we get her there, I think she will easily recover her powers quickly.

Richard

Thanks for giving it a shot, anyway, Brandon. I'm sure you made a valiant effort.

I was thinking about you yesterday as I was in various airports flying home. The South Bend forecast was truly yucky. I feel hugely guilty that I did not give you hints! icon_frown.gificon_mad.gificon_frown.gificon_rolleyes.gif I did not count on the weather making it extra difficult for you.

(Don't forget to log your non-find at that cache's website.)

To All Involved:

What now?

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 22, 2002 at 07:04 AM.]

Thanks for giving it a shot, anyway, Brandon. I'm sure you made a valiant effort.

I was thinking about you yesterday as I was in various airports flying home. The South Bend forecast was truly yucky. I feel hugely guilty that I did not give you hints! icon_frown.gificon_mad.gificon_frown.gificon_rolleyes.gif I did not count on the weather making it extra difficult for you.

(Don't forget to log your non-find at that cache's website.)

To All Involved:

What now?

[This message was edited by MissJenn on April 22, 2002 at 07:04 AM.]

Didn't even make it over the state line. Bad weather and a very late start (youngest was being a proverbial two-year-old). I won't make it over there this weekend.

Anyone else able to help? Wonder Woman needs to make it from South Bend a good deal west - at least past Chicago - in the next week. She is currently at Tower of Evil.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

quote:

Hmmmm ....remember this? OK - any ideas?

I guess I can log a "note" at Tower Of Evil and explain that they can disregard the attached note .... icon_rolleyes.gif I just hate to complicate the simple process that already often confuses people.

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.

quote:

Hmmmm ....remember this? OK - any ideas?

I guess I can log a "note" at Tower Of Evil and explain that they can disregard the attached note .... icon_rolleyes.gif I just hate to complicate the simple process that already often confuses people.

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.