Garmin communicator won't work

Internet Explorer by any chance?? If it is try another web browser.

Curious why that seems to be the standard answer, when more than half still use IE.

oldgala, try going to Tools and clicking on Compatibility View.

Curious ... why? It is just one possible solution to the problem. Yours is another but for me that didn't work.

Curious why that seems to be the standard answer, when more than half still use IE.

Curious ... why? It is just one possible solution to the problem. Yours is another but for me that didn't work.

Not a tech head, I'd like someone knowledgeable enough to explain why if better-than-half use IE, those people need to switch to another browser.

What I don't get is if most use IE, the people designing/programming should make it work for it, regardless of their personal opinions of what they think we should be using.

"Rigging it" doesn't seem a fix.

According to this site IE users are in the minority and have been trending so for last 5 years. Also, a quick check of Google brings up lot of discussions of the problem beginning with IE 11. If Garmin has no interest in making it compatible then I don;t see a lot of options other than a compatible browser when using the communicator plug in.

You need to use a different browser because Microsoft *constantly* breaks other people's code/interfaces.

They are of the attitude that the world revolves around them and everyone else can just rewrite their stuff.. constantly.. on a whim.. with angry users on their backs.

That is why..

Shaun

when I try to load a cache to my GPS ( Garmin 450) the cache page will not recognize the plug in. I downloaded the latest plugin but it still won't work. My Garmin popup says the plug in is not recognized...help!!

Or just click on the "GPX file" to the left of "Send to My GPS" and save it to the GPX directory on your GPSr.

Going to tools and adding geocacheing.com worked for me thanks have had this problem for a week now.

Thank you for asking this question oldgala, I was having the same issue!

Everything works great now!

To recap for others....

From your IE MENU BAR, click TOOLS and click COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS. Then add the website www.geocaching.com.

The next time you try to download directly to your GPS it will ask you to ALLOW, click on ALLOW, you should only have to do this once!

Yea!

Bonjour,

I had the same difficulty with IE, communicator would not work, always asking me to download the last updates without any result.

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and everything immediately worked perfect. I now only use Firefox for Geocaching. Another way to solve the issue.

Have a good day