my collection

drneal

What kind of pages do you use?

Don't know about the good Doctor, but my coin addict uses these:

Coin Binder pages

Nice heavy weight pages and the flap over the openings keeps the coins from falling out. She found this to be VERY critical when you transport your binders more than from the shelf to a table. She takes them to many events and the coins cannot fall out.

These are heavier than most found at places like Staples or Office Depot type stores and a bit pricier, but worth the price. They also offer packs of bigger quantities at a reduced per/page price.

For coins and items larger than the 'trading card' size we use more standard 'photo' pages and keep the tops of the slots closed with Velcro 'buttons'. Most common we use for LARGE coins or those in flat coin boxes are the 4x6 photo pages. They hold 3 LARGE coins and 1 left-over small spot.

Coin Binder pages

Nice heavy weight pages and the flap over the openings keeps the coins from falling out. She found this to be VERY critical when you transport your binders more than from the shelf to a table. She takes them to many events and the coins cannot fall out.

These are heavier than most found at places like Staples or Office Depot type stores and a bit pricier, but worth the price. They also offer packs of bigger quantities at a reduced per/page price.

For coins and items larger than the 'trading card' size we use more standard 'photo' pages and keep the tops of the slots closed with Velcro 'buttons'. Most common we use for LARGE coins or those in flat coin boxes are the 4x6 photo pages. They hold 3 LARGE coins and 1 left-over small spot.

my preference is lead dog (go figure !)..come in all sorts of sizes...seem to hold up the best for me, and those pages get opened and turned a lot at events.

ILYK

ILYL

Is that bookshelf steel painted to look like wood? :P

actually, I figured a steel shelf would bend from the weight...this is a wood cabinet reinforced with a piece of all thread that runs through the middle of the shelves...bolts and washers on the all thread hold the shelves up

ILYK

ILYL

Coin Binder pages

my preference is lead dog (go figure !)..come in all sorts of sizes...seem to hold up the best for me, and those pages get opened and turned a lot at events.

ILYK

ILYL

AHHH okay thanks I (stupidly bought crap pages on ebay) my coins just laughed and laughed..... I was searching for nice pages like I have my PT's in but bigger I just didn't know where to look and now I do:) My coins are starting to take over now lol I find them everywhere. And I sure don't want to lose any of my babies hehehe

I'm not in the forums that often anymore (not that I don't want to be, but too many obligations and not enough time these days), but when I saw Dr.Neal posted his collection, I had to take a peak. I know that can't be your whole collection! Besides, isn't your collection also know as, "I have any Geocoin made by mankind"? :D Miss you Dr.Neal!

-snipped-

AHHH okay thanks I (stupidly bought crap pages on ebay) my coins just laughed and laughed..... I was searching for nice pages like I have my PT's in but bigger I just didn't know where to look and now I do:) My coins are starting to take over now lol I find them everywhere. And I sure don't want to lose any of my babies hehehe

Give it plenty of thought first. Will save you a bunch in the long run.

The Lead Dog pages of 20 pockets (4wx5h) work great if you keep your coins out of their plastic coin flips. Most flips are in the 2.25-2.5" range and won't fit the 20 pocket pages of 2x2". The 'Trading Card' size pockets are 2.5 x 2.75" and fit most plastic coin flips nicely. 'But' keeping them in the flips does add to the overall weight.

Now we need to see everything that is INSIDE that fabulous collection ... !!!

Showing us just the packaging ... what a tease ... :lol:

Edited by nevadanick