Cache log book is full

Arandee

Very few would care and most would be happy to have you replace it (in my experience) You could always take a pic of the signatures on the log and send them over email to the CO if they cared. I have yet to have any CO care and I even hand delivered one to one CO and he just crumbled it up and threw it away.

I never remove a logbook from someone else's cache. The only time I ever removed one was when I put a new log book in a cache for a friend, and he asked me to save the old one.

I suppose most CO's wouldn't care, but the only opinion that counts is the CO of the cache your removing the log from. If the log is full, either add a slip of paper, or make a mark somewhere, then let the CO know in your log.

Odd that "full log" has so many threads in these forums...

The log, like the cache, isn't yours to "throw the old one away" as one mentioned.

- If it's so small that you can't add paper, then NM is an option...

If there's a mention of "log full" on any of the few micros we have left, we check.

Often, we find the other side of the rite in rain paper log strip untouched.

- But if it ever happened (maybe after an event?), we'd like to keep our logs.

Seems we're one of a few who check 'em time-to-time with online logs.

Our larger hides never receive a mention of "log full" in online logs.

Just a few years ago, cache logs could be wordier than the online log for that smiley.

I'd sometimes bring a lunch, sit and read the logs on the few maintenance trips they need.

Now that it's rare for anyone to actually write in a cache log, our rite in rain notebooks and full-sized ledgers should last for years.

- We definitely want to keep those.

If the book is dry and there's room in the cache, I'd leave it--but I haven't come across this situation yet.

If it's a micro and there's not room for both old and new log sheets, I take the old one home, scan it, post the scan image to my log and offer to send the original to the CO. Never had a response from a CO yet. After a couple weeks, I throw it away.

I do not always replace a full or soggy log, but if I do I say so when I log the find on the cache page and I offer to send it to the CO. If the CO doesn't respond within a reasonable time, I toss it. So far, no one has ever even responded so I conclude that most COs don't care.

I do not always replace a full or soggy log, but if I do I say so when I log the find on the cache page and I offer to send it to the CO. If the CO doesn't respond within a reasonable time, I toss it. So far, no one has ever even responded so I conclude that most COs don't care.

What if the CO not only doesn't care, but never intends on maintaining the cache, or has already stopped playing the game. Replacing the log perpetuates the abandoned cache problem.

Sometimes I find the logbook is full. I carry some small strips of paper with me to replace the log. What am I expected to do with the full log if I remove it, which I haven't done to date?

When our cache went missing, the thing I was most disappointed in losing was the log book.

If someone came along and threw out my log book because it was "full", I would be very upset.

Post a "Needs Maintenance" for a full log book, or add a scrap of paper, but I think it's rude to throw out log books that don't belong to you.

You don't know what the cache owner wants, so contacting them to ask before doing anything would be the polite route.

Although some of the other folks here have said that throwing it out would be fine, that is their personal opinion. Not all cache owners will feel the same way.

B.

That's a bad leap of logic.

There's a lot of reasons why people don't respond.

Taking someone's log book without their permission is plain rude.

Assuming that "most" cache owners don't care is wrong.

B.

I would never throw out anyone's log! It's not my property. Personally I have a couple dozen hidden caches at the moment and a couple have gone missing and I've had to replace them. I feel sad knowing the original logs with all the signatures are now gone. Those would be nice to see and keep. Don't ever throw out anyone's logs! They are not your property!!