Interesting Category Descriptions

Yeah, it's time to poke fun at ourselves. (Or should I say "ourselfs"...)

From one category description that requires an English description even if another language is used:

Although we do not expect grammatical perfection, a waymark may be declined if there the English language is not understandable.

(sic{k})

Or how about this?

Category: Stone Church Artefacts

Description: "This category is for stone church artefacts"...

Surprised the pants off of me! ('Twould be nice to explain what they are...)

What have you seen lately?

There are two categories that are so confusing to me that even after reading the description several times I still do not understand. There's one category that even after years of trying to figure it out, I still do not understand how to VISIT the waymark. Seriously! I've gotten an upset stomach just trying.

I often wonder about those categories: "Does it really need to be this complicated?"

Yeah, it's time to poke fun at ourselves. (Or should I say "ourselfs"...)

From one category description that requires an English description even if another language is used:

Although we do not expect grammatical perfection, a waymark may be declined if there the English language is not understandable.

(sic{k})

Or how about this?

Category: Stone Church Artefacts

Description: "This category is for stone church artefacts"...

Surprised the pants off of me! ('Twould be nice to explain what they are...)

What have you seen lately?

Oh, my! The first one sounds a lot like something I wrote! It has been copied by others, which is fine, so I guess I better check it out. It is always good just to send a note to the category leader about these. I know that I really appreciate people who take the time to let me know about my goofs. I make a lot of them, and there is a reason why an author is the worst person to proof read his own material.

I don't know if I have seen it any category descriptions, but in submissions I see a lot of "cemetary" waymarks.

Found another weird one today. I was going to post a visit to something and found that the Visit Instructions look a lot like posting instructions; especially when you get to the latter sentences:

Name the Waymark with first the name of the area and second what the artillery is. An example would be if it were a cannon in front of the Montgomery Armory you would name the Waymark: Montgomery Armory Cannon.

And just how am I supposed to name a waymark when it already exists and I am visiting it. So much for visit instructions!

Found another weird one today. I was going to post a visit to something and found that the Visit Instructions look a lot like posting instructions; especially when you get to the latter sentences:

Name the Waymark with first the name of the area and second what the artillery is. An example would be if it were a cannon in front of the Montgomery Armory you would name the Waymark: Montgomery Armory Cannon.

And just how am I supposed to name a waymark when it already exists and I am visiting it. So much for visit instructions!

Your challenge, to log a Visit, is to get the waymark listed in another category -with the title as suggested! :D

:laughing:

In these cases, however, I'm talking about the category descriptions, which are being seen by N people M times per week, over and over. Part of the humor of them is that they've never been fixed!

And unfortunately, only certain category officers can fix 'em. Since it's obvious that TPTB in those categories haven't given the descriptions a second thought, I thought I'd poke some fun at 'em until someone does! :) :)

Call it twisted humor if you like; but the descriptions open themselves up for some chuckles, and I just can't resist.

BTW, Bear and Ragged, I like your quibble. Sounds like that's the only way to meet the "visit" requirements for that category! ;)

Edited by MountainWoods