GEO CARS

Saw another thread where some one was asking if a certain car would be a good new car for geocaching. This made me think it'd be a great thread to see everyone's cache vehicles! After all we do the caching on bikes/feet, But its our cars that get us most of the way! Some big, some small, some are TB's themselves. But lets see them! Who drives what?! Tell us about them. Post some pictures! Be sure not to share pictures of any TB stickers unless you want them "discovered"

Unfortunately, I'm at work so i cannot post pictures of the vehicles we cache in! But we have in our cache freinds group an '08 trailblazer(undermyfeet) for our offroad needs, and an '10 honda fit(caseysmack) as well as an '03 vw gti(mine) for economical needs, because filling up a trailblazer just isnt cheap anymore! I'll be sure post some pictures tonight or tomorrow of them! (I know, i know, what a poor way to start a thread with no pics, but it's pretty slow at work today)

Boots, bike, and sometimes the convertible.

f631f82a-3093-42f0-b480-3a2589d9de1b.jpg

:ph34r: :ph34r: NINJA PHOTOSHOPPER THERE! HAHA BUT THE TRAIN IN AREAS WHERE THE TRAIN EXISTS IS PROBABLY A GOOD ONE! I HADNT THOUGHT OF IT BECAUSE OURS IS ONLY A "DINNER" AND BACK TRAIN.

I've used trains/light rail quite a few times when I'm traveling and have a few hour layover in a country in which I had not yet found a cache. Although there are often caches close to many airports, getting on a train/light rail and going a couple of stops away, and you can actually see some interesting spots instead of the often unremarkable surroundings near an airport. When I had a six hour layover in Tokyo, I took a 10 minute train ride to the town of Narita, then a 20 minute walk to a cache near this spot (the picture doesn't do it justice).

30cefb82-1e60-4201-a15e-382961a46db6.jpg

The Geo-Rabbit

2008 Volkswagen Rabbit (Golf Mk5 for those of you outside of North America)

It's been a great car. It's been on a number of unpaved logging roads, some pretty rough, and has gotten me to some great and very out-of-the-way caches. With the recent replacement of the brakes and tires, it's like a new car again. It can be spotted at geocaching events, some FTFs, and just generally parked in odd locations (from the perspective of muggles :laughing:) around the region.

...for the German builders of my car: Greetings from Canada! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

For clearance on the logging roads, we use my Nissan X-Trail. For zipping around to urban caches, Popoki Nui's Hyundai Accent is ideal. Long road trips need comfort, so caching along the way and at the destination will be PN's Grand Caravan. Each vehicle has its own travel bug too.

ccfe55bd-7511-4804-b246-ceb4eb81e229.jpg'02 Jeep Wrangler. We have an interesting range of landscape, from high desert to mountain dirt roads. And some very active cachers who keep us well supplied with caches in terrain like that. Would take a lot of walking over rough ground to get to some of them. Edited by GrateBear