Summer Road Trip Mission

nevadanick

Yes Yes Yes

Added Update - AUGUST 4th ...

THE CHECKERED FLAG IS STILL WAVING - JULY 12th - has Come and Gone

-------------------------------

CONGRATULATIONS ALL missions appear to have been sent.

---------------------------------

Missions not received as of 8/4/14:

drneal

ElliPirelli

steben6 - Pending until Aug 25th (out of town)

----------------------

Getzie family report 8/4/14: Yes Yes Yes

Close to having everything complete. :)

Will try to get an update on the Summer Road Trip Traveling Coins this week.

A special 'Thank You' to all our Road Trip participants. I, for one, have enjoyed all the caches, pics and details posted for the Arm Chair Travelers ... :D

May you travel on safely through life and geocaching !!

Okay so I am :sunsure: About something. So when I got my Road Trip package I grabbed Getzies Road Trip coin When I dropped it into the cache It didn't show miles :( Was I not suppose to grab it? Was I just suppose to drop it with out grabbing?

Since it was a new journey, Getzie should have dipped it in a cache by their home before sending it out. That way it would have started mileage over there.

'IF' you still have the tracking code, or Getzie could do it, dip it in a cache somewhere nearby the origin with a date prior to your first log. I believe you could then 'recalculate', mileage and get the correct travel posted. Without that, the mileage will start here in the US. A new trackable has to have a 'dip' in a cache somewhere, or the first cache it is placed in will be the starting point.

For anyone posting the TB# of their traveler, I will keep an active list of the coins and their

travels after the initial mission is completed. (Please do not post the tracking number, just the TB#)

Entries to the traveling Summer Road Trips - edited 8/10/14 with miles traveled to date.

Strombus' Ghostly Traveler - 6,316 miles (unchanged)

Bartians Summer Road Trip coin - 3949.5 miles

nevadanick's Road Trip coin - 9,800 miles (unchanged)

kini_ont's Road Trip - Mini-Doubloon 2010 - 4117.5 miles

Ogima's Vincent van Gogh on the road - 0 (unchanged)

Intrepid Dyad's Southern Crab - 11,234 miles

TrinIzzyCar's Summer Whale - 3,986.5 miles

Getzie's Road Trip coin - 0 (unchanged)

Toojin's Wild and Free #34 - South Carolina Geocoin - 5044.5 miles

Steben6's West Bend Cache Ba$h 2013 - 617.5 miles

------------

Okay so I am :sunsure: About something. So when I got my Road Trip package I grabbed Getzies Road Trip coin When I dropped it into the cache It didn't show miles :( Was I not suppose to grab it? Was I just suppose to drop it with out grabbing?

Since it was a new journey, Getzie should have dipped it in a cache by their home before sending it out. That way it would have started mileage over there.

'IF' you still have the tracking code, or Getzie could do it, dip it in a cache somewhere nearby the origin with a date prior to your first log. I believe you could then 'recalculate', mileage and get the correct travel posted. Without that, the mileage will start here in the US. A new trackable has to have a 'dip' in a cache somewhere, or the first cache it is placed in will be the starting point.

How do I do that without making a mess out of it ?

How do I do that without making a mess out of it ?

Since it is your traveler, you have the ID code # on your TB page. Use the 'add a log' entry. Set the date prior to 7/2/14. Select a cache near you and dip it in that cache with a 'write note' entry. Save the entry and you can then 'recalculate' the mileage from the main TB page. That should fix the mileage from you to Shannon.

and here it is !

ad49eee1-e168-478a-a462-4d1f8fd25da0_zps366dbd75.jpg

the post card makes mention of a letterbox in the park of Hercules : GCAZPM4, along with an earthcache GC25PVM.

for those wondering, yes, I did model for the statue...it's my good side !

thank you Eli Pirelli for an outstanding mission...I wait to hear if my coins made their way to you.

ILYK

ILYL

VERY nice package drneal !!

I thought the statue was something ELSE you found at the back of your fridge .... :o

All we need now to complete this Mission before Summer ends is for ElliPirelli to confirm receiving her mission coin and for Steben6 to confirm her mission received when she returns Aug 25th.

drneal could also post the TB# of the Mission traveler to add to the list of traveling coins.

We are SOooooooooooo close ... :)

I thought the statue was something ELSE you found at the back of your fridge .... :o

All we need now to complete this Mission before Summer ends is for ElliPirelli to confirm receiving her mission coin and for Steben6 to confirm her mission received when she returns Aug 25th.

drneal could also post the TB# of the Mission traveler to add to the list of traveling coins.

traveler #

ILYK

ILYL
Edited by drneal

No, no, no ... please remove the REAL tracking ID from your post above. I've done it here, but only wanted the TB# posted.

(thanks !!)

traveler TB4E24K

ILYK

ILYL

My traveling coin hasn't traveled that much :-(

In fact, it is still in my long archived event a couple of meters from my home, although I'm pretty sure it has been received in the US. Toojin, please retreive it and drop it in a cache so it can start its roadtrip.

I believe, it was my mission, which arrived today!

Jay!

Unfortunately flickr changed their site somehow and I'm too stupid to link a picture now... I'll try, though.

14730300450_5021e9e821.jpg

(@flickr: An update is something, which makes the site unbearable difficult to navigate. I hate updates...)

Anyway, I got a lovely Kathys Coin too in gold along with acompanying proxy.

Quite a heavy coin it is, and really colourful.

I'm hoping for a lot of dogs as well, when I finally reach there, where they'll wait for me...

So my mission is fulfilled at both ends, finally.

Email sent: 2.5.14

Name received: 12.5.14

Mission sent: 26.7.14

Mission arrived: 11.8.14

Mission received: 14.8.14

I believe, it was my mission, which arrived today!

Jay!

Unfortunately flickr changed their site somehow and I'm too stupid to link a picture now... I'll try, though.

14730300450_5021e9e821.jpg

(@flickr: An update is something, which makes the site unbearable difficult to navigate. I hate updates...)

Anyway, I got a lovely Kathys Coin too in gold along with acompanying proxy.

Quite a heavy coin it is, and really colourful.

I'm hoping for a lot of dogs as well, when I finally reach there, where they'll wait for me...

So my mission is fulfilled at both ends, finally.

Email sent: 2.5.14

Name received: 12.5.14

Mission sent: 26.7.14

Mission arrived: 11.8.14

Mission received: 14.8.14

glad to hear at least one of them made it to you !

ILYK

ILYL

Confirmed: May 6, 2014

Name received: May 11 2014

Mission sent:

Mission arrived at Destination:

Mission received: May 31, 2014 !!

b9520967-e925-47ba-a733-f0a007ab3f3e.jpg?rnd=0.6814038

I will do my best to get the coin grabbed in the moments in between life happening. I apologize for not being as quick as you might wish me to be.

Edited by Toojin

YAY ... !!!

All we need after August 25th is for Steben6 to confirm that her mission has arrived and then we are COMPLETE.

Thank you to all who participated in the Mission and tolerated my constant nag-nag-nag ... :lol:

I will update the travelers soon. After the end of the Mission is confirmed, I will start a new tracking thread for the travelers.

END OF SUMMER ROAD TRIP MISSION

95c22b50-8b3a-4a4d-a57b-8136868e8ac5.jpg

For anyone posting the TB# of their traveler, I will keep an active list of the coins and their

travels after the initial mission is completed. (Please do not post the tracking number, just the TB#)

Entries to the traveling Summer Road Trips - edited 8/19/14 with miles traveled to date and last known location.

Strombus' Ghostly Traveler - 6,316 miles (unchanged) - California

Bartians Summer Road Trip coin - 3,968.8 miles - Ontario, Canada

nevadanick's Road Trip coin - 9,963.8 miles - Lithuania

kini_ont's Road Trip - Mini-Doubloon 2010 - 4,117.5 miles (unchanged) - Alaska enroute to Rhode Island w/cacher that doesn't know how to log miles

Ogima's Vincent van Gogh on the road - 4,965.7 miles - Idaho

Intrepid Dyad's Southern Crab - 15,709.2 miles - Tokyo, Japan << MILEAGE LEADER

TrinIzzyCar's Summer Whale - 3,986.5 miles (unchanged) - Overijssel, Netherlands

Getzie's Road Trip coin - 493.6 miles - Vermont

Toojin's Wild and Free #34 - South Carolina Geocoin - 5,616.2 miles - Croatia

Steben6's West Bend Cache Ba$h 2013 - 833.9 miles - Ohio

ElliPirelli's - Homeward bound to Kassel << I have a strange feeling this is enroute to Germany in a package ... :huh:

------------

YAY ... !!!

All we need after August 25th is for Steben6 to confirm that her mission has arrived and then we are COMPLETE.

Thank you to all who participated in the Mission and tolerated my constant nag-nag-nag ... :lol:

I will update the travelers soon. After the end of the Mission is confirmed, I will start a new tracking thread for the travelers.

Um I need this sign for out front of my house because they think its still Mid-Season out there....

Its been fun I know I have been crazy absent this mission but I got lost in traffic...... Yea that's what happen Thank you for this great mission! You did a fantastic job hosting :) Thank you for keeping us up to date on our traveling coins WOW Intrepid Dyad's coin Is really moving!!

Not to worry ... we have you on CCTV and can reach out to tap you anytime the need arises. :ph34r:

:D

Lol I figured I would just slap a GC number on me... Someone would find me eventually :laughing:

Depends on WHERE you ... slap a GC number .... :o

Actually, moving caches aren't in accordance to the guidelines, she needs to slap a TB Number on her.

Now, most would use a T-Shirt, Vest or Jacket, as far as I've seen it at events, but there is so much room for imagination....

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lol I figured I would just slap a GC number on me... Someone would find me eventually :laughing:

Actually, moving caches aren't in accordance to the guidelines, she needs to slap a TB Number on her.

Now, most would use a T-Shirt, Vest or Jacket, as far as I've seen it at events, but there is so much room for imagination....

Maybe a tatooty on her booty ..... :o

Update from Steben 6 ... ??

YAY ... !!!

Too late hehe

Too late hehe

You'll hardly notice another 'bug' then ...

it's like having 'ants in your pants' ... you'll never have just ONE ... :P

Too late hehe

You'll hardly notice another 'bug' then ...

it's like having 'ants in your pants' ... you'll never have just ONE ... :P

LOL True true

Email sent: 05/08/14

Name received: 05/11/14

Mission sent: 07/07/14

Mission arrived:07/10/14

Mission received: Sometime this summer!

I am very happy to report that my Summer Road Trip Mission gift coin/card arrived from geocharmer81! Thank you, Kelly, for a great coin - it is one of our favorite lighthouses and we were able to log the cache there a couple of years ago. I will post pics when I get a little bit more organized. Geocharmer81 and I ended up sending to each other! Thanks again, Kelly, for the coin, and thank you very much to nevadanick for organizing this mission!

Attention: ALL SUMMER ROAD TRIP drivers ....

3106e9b6-cab4-4c29-895d-47ce11ed4a21.jpg

It is OFFICIAL ...

a119a9a9-7b44-4f28-877f-4ced227884b5.jpg

Thank you ONE and ALL for participating !! All Road Trip Missions are complete ... WooHoo !!! :D

I will start a new thread for tracking the Summer Road Trip coins in the next day or two and update their progress periodically.