Attribute: Camping car (Motorhome)

Geoscouts.eu

I realise that there are already attributes available for Trucker/RV friendly and Camping available but neither of these fit the bill for Motorhomes in Europe.

The Trucker/RV icon suggest a large parking area suitable for HGVs (Juggernauts).

The camping available icon quite rightly suggests a campsite nearby.

What I propose is a new icon to indicate where a motorhome stopover is available. In Europe they are in most towns and large villages. Here in France there are over 1000. We have started to hide caches nearby these sites so that fellow campervan users can find a place to park for the night with facilities to drain and replenish their tanks and hook-up and recharge the leisure batteries. At present it is possible to find these sites by downloading our bookmark list (HERE) but obviousely this only covers the caches we've hidden. If there were an attribute available it would be much easier for others to list and search such sites. Not having been to the US I don't know if places like this are available over there. (I certainly hope so) I'm talking one-night stopovers, not RV parks.

I propose the following icon (or similar):

6af61641-2dbe-435d-a03c-9cf3f0abebdb.jpg

Reduced to 30pxs:

d4a9e7cb-04de-49e0-a08c-21e2577d2e81.jpg?rnd=0.9209973

which I have based on the standard sign panel here in France:

a7c6cce3-f838-442d-817b-00b557101b94.jpg

Is this a possibility? Any thoughts?

I agree with the posters above me, who point out that there is overlap with the existing attribute. I don't think additional granularity in this attribute class is the highest priority. I would rather see attributes added for subjects not currently addressed at all by ANY attribute, such as:

"Historic Site"

"Part of a Series/Power Trail"

"Challenge Cache"

If you can fit a truck/RV surely you can also fit a motorhome?

Points duly noted but I was meaning quite the opposite. An overnight stop for small motorhomes is not at all suitable for trucks. It is a different situation entirely therefore the current attribute is not appropriate. I know we won't get a new attribute for this as it's a *Europe* thing but no harm in asking. We don't have huge truck-sized RVs here just happy little campervans for weekends away B)

bbd97b88-1728-4ca6-a54f-d36ce62ea61b.jpg

If you can fit a truck/RV surely you can also fit a motorhome?

Points duly noted but I was meaning quite the opposite. An overnight stop for small motorhomes is not at all suitable for trucks. It is a different situation entirely therefore the current attribute is not appropriate. I know we won't get a new attribute for this as it's a *Europe* thing but no harm in asking. We don't have huge truck-sized RVs here just happy little campervans for weekends away B)

bbd97b88-1728-4ca6-a54f-d36ce62ea61b.jpg

I'm in Europe as well so know the difference between a motorhome and a Winnebago :)

I just get concerned that if we have too many attributes they become meaningless, especially given how many caches have no attributes listed at all. With any attribute like this I'd ask how close the parking would have to be to qualify for the attribute - if you're travelling using a motorhome (and even more so for something the size of an RV) presumably you don't expect to park it within 100 yards of the cache - wouldn't you expect to park it somewhere and then strike out for the day using bicycles or on foot? If you're talking about parking your motorhome and then taking a hike or a bike ride to the cache location then presumably as long as you can park within a few miles you're fine, in which case it's probably safe to say that most caches could arguably qualify for the attribute.

If you're looking for the equivalent of "this cache is in an RV park" then I'd say that the regular park-n-grab attribute works just fine.