[GC.com] My idea of some nice(?) enhancements

st3phan

Hello! I hope it is the right place to communicate some of my 'little' ideas improving geocaching.com

I tried to search the board but it might be that some of this points have been already discussed.

FEATURES:

1.)

When creating a new cache, we might use some kind of HTML-Editor (like TinyMCE or something else). Why do we not have this editor, when editing an already existing cache?

2.)

With a growing gc-community, it would be nice to do some more 'social things' like:

2.1)

o watch member

o ignore member ;)

2.2)

Sharing lists with other members is very helpful to organize trips together. It would be much more nicer, if I share a list with explicit named members and both parties can add/delete caches to that list.

3.)

When using notifications about cachetypes, it would be usefull to limit the result as we already do in pocket queries. Mhy not use only a range than countries/states/provinces, attributes and D/T-Levels? Many of us do geocaching in a special/own way, so it would be possible to adapt the notifications to my favorite way of geocaching (hiking, mtb, highlevel, or something else)

4.)

I would appreciate more details in notification-emails like owner-name and d/t-level of new caches.

BUGS(?):

a) why do I see ignored caches in my pocketquery? Normally they have to be removed!?

B) to this day, my language-preset (account-details) does not work. It switches back to english

Thanks a lot! I hope my english is enough for this ;)

/Stephan aka st3phan, germany

1.)

Please provide HTML editor to edit cache listings

2.1)

How do you watch a user?

There should be a way to filter out all caches by one user

2.2)

-couldn't find an example of this suggestion - maybe you are the first to make it (and it is a good idea).

3.)

[FEATURE] modification of the implimentation of notifications

4.)

[FEATURE]Improvment regarding Notification mail add (D/T & CO)

EDIT: typ0

Edited by frinklabs

2.2)

-couldn't find an example of this suggestion - maybe you are the first to make it (and it is a good idea).

This feature already exists to a degree

When creating the bookmark list check:

I want to share this list with others

Send the URL of the list to the people you want to share the list with. A "shared" but not "public" list will not show on your profile under the Bookmark Lists tab. It will not show on geocache listings

I agree that it would be nice if all parties that have access to a shared list could edit it.

Edited by tozainamboku

2.2)

Send the URL of the list to the people you want to share the list with. A "shared" but not "public" list will not show on your profile under the Bookmark Lists tab. It will not show on geocache listings

I agree that it would be nice if all parties that have access to a shared list could edit it.

The feature does not exist the way the OP asked, and they seem to already be aware of the read-only sharing aspect:

2.2)

Sharing lists with other members is very helpful to organize trips together. It would be much more nicer, if I share a list with explicit named members and both parties can add/delete caches to that list.

I tried again to find anyone suggesting this type of thing and the best I could come up with was a post in the thread announcing the launch of these features called Bookmark And Ignore Lists asking for list transfer capabilities:

Is there any way I can take a completed bookmark list I have created, and permanently assign ownership of it to someone else, thus putting it forever under control of their account and removing it permanently from mine?

2.2)

I've suggested this a couple of times. If GS is going to do any work on bookmarks I'd like to be able to do a bulk copy/move of items in a bookmark list into a different list. We can already mark selected items in a list for deletion. Adding a Copy or Move action would make bookmark management a lot easier.