MiGO site having problems?

Squirrel Nut & Beersnob

Thank goodness I found out that it was the MiGo site I wa blaming my sad old computer. Kicking it was my next move but I checked in here first. Sorry MiGo is down but my computer is grateful that I dicovered the real problem lies elsewhere.

Hope it is up and running soon so we can discuss any last minute details of the great Fall Fun Day this weekend.

It's not you. I can't express in under 5000 words my frustration with dot5 our host. I'd just like to say that dot5, our host, has been experiencing a problem with our web server. dot5hosting.com, our host, has provided us miserable service for the past month. Our host, dot5, has been ignoring my requests for account credit. Also dot5 (our host) has not communicated downtime notifications to me satisfactorily.

We are in the process of moving. Probably. But it takes some finesse to do it without significant downtime. It will be a 30-60 day migration, I guess we'll just have to be patient.

In the meantime, anyone looking for hosting services... avoid www.dot5hosting.com like the plaque.

I used ample reference to 'host' and 'dot5' in case anyone here does a search for 'hosting'. Hopefully they can avoid the same fate with these schmoes. It'll cost us more elsewhere, but it'll be worth it.

I think. I still remain dubious that any shared hosting service in the world could be of very high quality, but as an organization we can't afford a dedicated host. Yet.

</rant>

It's 'being worked on'. Hopefully we'll see resolution soon.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Assimilating golf balls - one geocache at a time.

Michigan Geocaching Organization Homepage

Yeah.... sounds like a real bum of a host. I used BurtonHosting for my old website and in a year I don't remember my site going down at all. They are fairly affordable, too (compared to most services at least.)

I'm glad there's a thread on the matter here... I was beginning to worry! I am in the first stages of forum withdrawal right now i think. I need to get my fix... must.... contact.... dot5... our host. Must beat host into pulp! Zach angry!

-Zach

-Team Zen-

Still working on it apparently. This is the third time this morning they have given me a 30-60 minute ETA.

For the record, I intiated support tickets with them for this last night at 10:00pm. It's been 14 hours of downtime now. Coupled with the recent outage of 24+ hours this is really bad for them.

Bad bad bad. Bad for us too. dot5 sucks. I am going to add that to my signature line.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

Yeah Trippy, I got on live with one of their service people and told them that I was a regular at the site and that it was a real inconvenience for us and asked from an outside standpoint that they fix it (and I threw in something about how they should refund some money)I also submitted a support ticket, lol. Maybe that will get their butts going. I just did all that about 45 minutes ago. The "Live Tech" said he'd fix it and resolve all the issues right away. I told him that there shouldn't be any "issues" and that they've been ongoing. He said that he would get it resolved... I can't help but doubt that.

-Zach

-Team Zen-

I actually had the dubious distinction of watching our site crumble. I was in the forums, then over the course of about 10 seconds, progressively lost functionality until zip. icon_confused.gif

The thing with these forums is that, it seems like I'm always looking over my shoulder, wondering if Big Brother is gonna slap me down for having an opinion, and then expressing it. tired.gif

quote:
Originally posted by trippy:

We are in the process of moving. Probably. But it takes some finesse to do it without significant downtime. It will be a 30-60 day migration, I guess we'll just have to be patient.

Who are you thinking of changing to?

I'd like to say what I said before. I use oc12host.com, not one lick of trouble in the last 3 years. They continue to upgrade their equipment and always, I say always, send out an email when ever they are planning any maintenance. As a matter of fact, they have a scheduled upgrade tonight, new routers and server upgrade, service may be down for 2-3 minutes.

ABXGuy

yikes. Well, I have to be honest here in all fairness I think. After extensive time on with their tech support... it turns out there was nothing wrong with the host.

Trippy made a silly blunder somewhere that brought the ENTIRE site down somehow. Thought I had fixed a lingering site problem and lordy, lordy... I made it worse.

Sorry folks. It was my bad this time. Many apologies to our host, dot5. Though we have been having a lot of yo-yo time with them this month and the first outage WAS their fault.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A