Coins with same tracking number in collection

nativefly182

I recently adopted out some coins in different finishes to different people. I sent one in a black nickle to the wrong person. They reversed the adoption. I sent an adoption request to the correct person & they accepted. Now I have in my collection two of the same coin in the same finish with the same tracking number. One states it is owned by me, the other is owned by the adoptee. How do I remove the one that is ownedby me without removing the one qwned by the other person?

Thanks

I have to admit, that I have a problem understanding your problem, because of this sentence:

Now I have in my collection two of the same coin in the same finish with the same tracking number.

Do you really say, that you have two coins with the identical tracking code (like PCxxxx) listed twice?

It sounds weird, because each tracking code should only exists once in Groundspeak's database (of course the same code might be printed on different coins).

That means by entering this tracking code in the form at http://www.geocaching.com/track/ you will only get to one coin listing. That should be the official one. It should not be possible to reach two different coin listings with the same tracking code, because the second one would not be able to be activated, because the code was activated before.

So please check the following:

- go to your collection page: http://www.geocaching.com/my/collection.aspx

- if I understand you correctly, you'll find two entries there that bother you, because they belong to the same coin.

- Open both coin pages in two different windows/tabs/register cards from there by clicking their names.

Then there should be two possible outcomes:

1) you get to two different coin listings (as can be easily seen by the TB-codes in the top right corner, because they should be different - btw. it would be safe to post this TB-code here). If this is the case, the two coins that belong to those listings should have two different tracking codes as well (maybe just one letter is different?).

In that case you can click "move to inventory" at the very one cache listing that belongs to the right coin. If you don't know which one is the right one, you can access the right coin listing by using the tracking code that belongs to the right coin at the main trackable page. You might not have this tracking code anymore because you sent it away and might be in the hands of your adoptee. But if that person wants to be able to grab that coin he or she will tell you the tracking code.

2) you get to the same coin listing (everything should be identical on both pages, especially the TB code). In this case Groundspeak's database only knows one coin listing for this tracking code, but by some circumstances lists it twice in your collection. If so, you might contact Groundspeak to remove this glitch in your collection. But still, there will be only one tracking code. That means only one of you can own the coin listing of those two, because the double entry would be deleted.

I hope this makes sense. :ph34r:

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant to say that I had 2 listing of the same coin.

One shows that I own it & the other shows that the person who adopted it owns it.

I need to delete the one that shows I own it.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks

Edited by nativefly182

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant to say that I had 2 listing of the same coin.

One shows that I own it & the other shows that the person who adopted it owns it.

I need to delete the one that shows I own it.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Thanks

It still doesn't clarify what you mean by "same coin".

Can you provide a link to both listings?

I'm still thinking there should be two different TB-codes involved.

Anyway, since nobody is able to "delete" a coin listing (as far as I know), your problem needs a different solution, depending on what it really is.

Have you tried any of my suggestions in the previous post?