Lost Chirp

My chirp has been accidentally removed or fell from it's hiding spot. I know it's still in the area because I am still able to download the cache details when I am near it. Problem is I would like to actually find it so I can properly place it again (so I can continue to maintain it). Since there is about a 30 foot area (in the woods) to search, does anyone know of an app that would allow me to actually "seek" it, telling me how far I am from it? Thanks

My chirp has been accidentally removed or fell from it's hiding spot. I know it's still in the area because I am still able to download the cache details when I am near it. Problem is I would like to actually find it so I can properly place it again (so I can continue to maintain it). Since there is about a 30 foot area (in the woods) to search, does anyone know of an app that would allow me to actually "seek" it, telling me how far I am from it? Thanks

Use something like surveyor's tape to mark out the edges of the area where it's 'visible' electronically, and it should be in the middle.

If you have access to a metal detector, you may find it pretty quickly, if it's on the ground.

That doesn't sound like it should be more difficult than searching for a nano with a GPS under normal conditions.

Unless you had a hurricane come through the area, I would think that it would be within 10 feet of where it was originally hidden.

My prototype (testing a Chirp in my back yard) was stolen by squirrels. I had wrapped it in cloth camo and Velcro, and I guess it was inviting as nest material, or at least the squirrels enjoyed taking it. I eventually found it on the ground, but only because it was still secured to the cloth/Velcro. It was more than 10 feet from its original spot.

Had that happen to me twice. Once I dropped one by accident in some Ivy and never could find it though it continues to send off a signal. The other I placed in a small 1.5 by 2 ft bush and when I went back a year later to replace the battery, the bush was a bigger but also more dense, I couldn't find it but the signal is still going.