is it possible to log a premium cache if not premium

christyglpn

If you know the GC Code of the cache just substitute it into the URL below, you'll be on the cache's logging page. You can log from there, even though you can't see the cache page.

If you're not sure of the GC Code, but have approximate coords for it - enter the coords into the Lat Long boxes of Hide and Seek a cache, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/ and you'll get a list of nearby caches, by name and GC Code

www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?wp=GC Code

In addition to knowing the approximate lat and long, if you know of a cache that is close by then go to that cache page, scroll down and, above the logs section, you'll find there's a set of links. Click the "show all nearby caches" link and you'll get the same list of caches. You can get the GC code from this.

You can then either follow the procedure above or, if you prefer, go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com Enter the GC code in the box (don't put GC twice!) and click the Log button. That will let you log the cache and is probably the easiest way to do so once you have the link bookmarked.

You will also find that if you zoom far enough out on the map that some PM only caches show up. Not all of them will due to the scale, but if the area isn't saturated with caches you'll find that you might see the cache. If you click on it there's a Log Visit link you can click and go straight to the log page without having to faff around. The existence of PM caches on maps tends to change every six months or so by the way so it's worth knowing of the other ways around this.

I found a premium cache by accident didn't know it was premium. It had cache name on log. I signed the log.

Can you log it : yes (some COs may object, but there's nothing that says you can't log them.)

How do you log it : See Isonzo Karst's post for the easiest method. If you have the cache name, you can search for it in the Search Page and see the GC#.

The cache could be the final of a multi or puzzle, but as long as you have the cache name, that shouldn't matter.

Ok I get to the page but it wont let me log. Am I missing something. All I get is a speal about it being a premium cache.

The way I have logged them, is to find that cache on the map. (You may have to zoom out a bit to make the Premium caches appear) Select the cache, and from the description bubble, click on "Log Visit". That will take you to the screen to log your cache.

Ok I get to the page but it wont let me log. Am I missing something. All I get is a speal about it being a premium cache.

Find the GC code and go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com

Put the code in the top box and press the Log button. If you can it via the map then grand - sometimes this isn't possible. Don't forget to change the date!

Ah thank you figured it out. Kept trying to press find and not log. Glad I figured it out.