Beyond the Bunny Mission

nevadanick

I posted the info below at the tail of Claire's Easter Mission, but rather than hijack the end of a fabulous mission, I'll start a new thread here to see if there is any interest in a Summer Mission ...

I'm certainly not the caliber of a 'Claire Mission' host ... but I'll give it a go ...

how about a - Summer Road Trip Mission ... ???

or ... post some suggestions here. A new mission name?

A mission purpose?:

Coin and a card?

Coin, summer/travel card, a 'summer' trinket and/or ....... ??

Coin, postcard from your home base or area you visit, a 'souvenir' of some kind, and/or ??

Suggestions by May 1 and I'll announce the new Mission (if there is one) after we've discussed it here.

With lots of folks vacationing and traveling, we'll keep the time frames pretty liberal.

No hurry, no pressure ... just ... DO IT NOW ... :laughing:

----------------------------

Here's the first response posted 4/24:

I like the idea of a "roadtrip" i would also suggest a Coin, Postcard of Local home, some local pictures, and why not build a "public bookmark" of the 10 best local caches in the card and write the adress http:.... of the bookmark that way it will be fun facts about the local caches... and if any one decide to do a road trip and decide to bring the misison on hand will know what caches to do ! ;):)

Why not include a short text describing why you should come to our local caching area! ;)

----------------------------

I went on a road trip over the Easter Holidays.

4,5 days. 3400km. 5 Countries. 3 new Countries for my stats. 43 finds. 10 DNFs. 3 FTF.

Starting in Germany, through Poland, Russia (Kaliningrad), and Lithuania to Latvia and back.

It was great!

I'd love a Summer Mission with Cache recommendations.

From this past trip my recommendation for Oblast Kaliningrad would be: http://coord.info/GC2J8MX

I didn't manage to upload the pictures yet...

Coin, Postcard of home area, 10 best local caches listed - I love the idea!

Lucky I have recently received my personal coins showing a historical sight in my city. All I need to buy is the card! And I would love to list our 10 best caches! Oh, I wish you came to find them! But so few foreign cachers end up in Pécs. Hungary just promotes Budapest and maybe Lake Balaton. So, if tourists don't stop in Vienna or Prague this is all they see of Hungary. :sad: Who cares about 2000 years old Pécs? This mission could be a nice promotion to our not so well know local areas. let's do it!

20866399_f54d63d7edc6bedfe2fb7c1cd4bac6b6_m.gif20866401_fce203d14bca5ab6b4a892170b4abc94_m.gif

So the coin is not a secret any more. But,who will get it? If it is against the rule to show the coin in advance, I will choose another one. I am just so happy with my coin, I could not resist showing it.

-snipped-

So the coin is not a secret any more. But,who will get it? If it is against the rule to show the coin in advance, I will choose another one. I am just so happy with my coin, I could not resist showing it.

Not a problem. We know what coin you would be sending ... but no one knows WHO is going to be receiving such a wonderful coin ... B)

Edited by nevadanick

WHAT?! ANOTHER MISSION JEEEEZE....... JUST KIDDING I WOULD BE TOTALLY DOWN WITH THIS!!!! Of course hehehe. Is it unlawful to send a hermit crab through the mail? How many stamps would he need to get there....

Don't know about a Hermit Crab ... but you could contact one of those Mail Order shippers in Maine and have them send me some Live Lobsters .... :rolleyes:

Now THAT's a worthy 'Mission' ... :laughing:

Edited by nevadanick

Not sure what to call it. But how about trading an unactivated coin like usual and an activated coin meant to be placed in a cache near the recipient.

That is a great idea.

But, in too many caching communities, Coins seem to go missing. It would be a shame for someone to receive a lovely Mission Coin, put it in a cache and have it disappear. If the Coin has a proxy that can travel, then there would be less chance for a proxy to disappear than the "real" Coin.

And, some people do not wish to activate their Coins. My collection has three times more unactivated than activated!

Edit to add: if it was a Mission with a Micro or very inexpensive Coin,

that would be a good option!!!

Edited by GeoCharmer81

Not sure what to call it. But how about trading an unactivated coin like usual and an activated coin meant to be placed in a cache near the recipient.

That is a great idea.

But, in too many caching communities, Coins seem to go missing. It would be a shame for someone to receive a lovely Mission Coin, put it in a cache and have it disappear. If the Coin has a proxy that can travel, then there would be less chance for a proxy to disappear than the "real" Coin.

And, some people do not wish to activate their Coins. My collection has three times more unactivated than activated!

I understand this suggestion as:

I'll send an unactivated coin to my mission partner (as usual).

I also put into the parcel an activated coin to put into a local cache.

This would be MY coin, so I could choose whatever I'm willing to send out into the wild and won't be too upset, if it should go missing.

Not all coins do, even though there is a great number of my trackables gone MIA. But not even an acryllic token trackable is save out there, one of mine went missing, even though I would have sworn they're to ugly to get stolen...

Nevertheless, I'd be willing to chance it and sent an activated coin of mine to be dropped from my mission partner into a local cache. Or being taken along on a road trip and tropped as far off as possible, but please with correct visited logs to get the milage.

edit: silly typo. Nothing new, I'm afraid... :sad:

Edited by ElliPirelli

That is a great idea.

I understand this suggestion as:

I'll send an unactivated coin to my mission partner (as usual).

I also put into the parcel an activated coin to put into a local cache.

This would be MY coin, so I could choose whatever I'm willing to send out into the wild and won't be too upset, if it should go missing.

Not all coins do, even though there is a great number of my trackables gone MIA. But not even an acryllic token trackable is save out there, one of mine went missing, even though I would have sworn they're to ugly to get stolen...

Nevertheless, I'd be willing to chance it and sent an activated coin of mine to be dropped from my mission partner into a local cache. Or being taken along on a road trip and tropped as far off as possible, but please with correct visited logs to get the milage.

edit: silly typo. Nothing new, I'm afraid... :sad:

This is basically what I had in mind. A nice unactivated coin for trade. A second activated coin that still belongs to the owner but is placed into a cache by the recipient. This could even be optional if worried about having your coin stolen. Maybe the Mission is titled "Road Trip", and the recipient can place it in a "far away" cache during a summer trip if so lucky. I know it can be hard to place coins into caches, but you have to admit that when you come upon one in a cache you get a little more excited about the hunt. You could choose one of your "lesser" coins that doesn't strike your fancy anymore or use some kind of proxy to calm your fears. When I went to Jamaica last year I dumped 6 activated coins that I bought for $5 a piece here on the forums and have had a blast watching them go every which way. One went to Canada. One went to Sweden. It's been a kick watching them. BTW, I'm headed to Turks and Caicos in late June and would have plenty of room to take a coin with me.

Sorry, I misread the "and" an activated Coin to be dropped.

That makes it sound much more fun!!! I'd do that!!!

I really dislike sounding cynical when I mention Coins going MIA.

Four of four of the trackable tags I sent out haven't moved in quite a while--- 3 in cachers' hands

and one dropped in a Mega. And, have seen too many posts on the subject.

I do have an extreme fondness (ummm, addiction, you may say)for my Coins and wouldn't want to lose any of them!!!

I like the idea of adding an activated coin for placement in a cache. :)

Like the Enterprise on it's Star Trek continuing mission .... I would be willing to create and maintain a thread called (?) Star Coin Mission, after the Road Trip Mission is complete. If everyone will post or e-mail me the trackable TB# (NOT the ID code) they sent in their mission, I would start a list of the trackables being sent out and keep them on my Watchlist and update the forum thread periodically.

For those who might not want to send an activated coin ... no problem. Don't send one ... that way it is not REQUIRED. It would make an interesting experiment though ... B)

If you really do not have a single coin that you could part with (it happens), e-mail me and we'll work something out. I have a few extra coins that would always be 'travel worthy'.

I don't think I would want to see someone NOT participate in the Mission because they don't want to activate one of their coins. We all have our personal likes and dislikes.

Primary interest seems to be the:

1. Unactivated coin

2. Best local caches or local postcards/pictures from your area.

3. Local trinket / souvenir (optional)

4. Activated coin with a Mission and the consolidated future travel reports. (optional)

-----------------------------------------

Anything else ... ?????????????

------------------------------

Edited by nevadanick

i am in if i follow. we send the coin and a post card. but we write stuff about the area and the caches in the area as well. so in case they ever visit the area they know which caches to get.

also the activated coin part sounds cool

Edited by Intrepid Dyad

1. Unactivated coin

4. Activated coin with a Mission and the consolidated future travel reports. (optional)

Sounds good to me. Just want to know when you'll be giving the names away? Not too soon I hope :rolleyes:

1. Unactivated coin

Sounds good to me. Just want to know when you'll be giving the names away? Not too soon I hope :rolleyes:

What ... ?? You haven't shipped the Mission coin to me yet ... ?? ... are you kidding me ... :wacko:

1. Unactivated coin

Count me in, this sounds like a fun mission! :grin:

I'm still in for whatever the mission turns out to be. But I can only participate if I get my name by May 23rd. After that, we will be in our second home for the summer and my coins are all here (in my primary home) and I will need to know what to take with me to send!

If that's not possible, I will just catch the next mission.

Edited by steben6

I'm still in for whatever the mission turns out to be. But I can only participate if I get my name by May 23rd. After that, we will be in our second home for the summer and my coins are all here (in my primary home) and I will need to know what to take with me to send!

If that's not possible, I will just catch the next mission.

Current plans are: Mission Comments and sign-up by May 10th. Names sent May 11th.

Being Summer, mission completion at everyone's EARLIEST convenience, with a final 'received mission' projected date of June 30th.

Non-compliant participants will be tried in a Kangaroo Court with sentences

to be carried out immediately thereafter at a public Meet 'n Greet ................. 104ec175-d9ee-4b08-bb53-03842860da19.jpg

Showing interest so far ...

ElliPirelli

Strombus

GeoCharmer81

TrinIzzyCar

steben6

Getzie family

Bartians

Gdyup

HauptGirls

Intrepid Dyad

Laval K-9