may the forest be with you

Mystical GreenMan

These are being sent out as mystery coins, rather than being sold? Someone on one of the FB Groups received one. It looks really amazing.

Look up Mystical GreenMan's account in thread. There are 60 of these coins all owned by Mystical GreenMan. They appear to be a gift to lucky individuals. Here's to hoping.

yes, you are very observant. due to some that have profited from my kindness in the past and sold my gift to them, these coins will not be released without activating them first. all coins are activated under my profile. they have been activated in all 50 states, with a few duplicates. I note whom I have given or sent the coins to, or what cache I have left them in. while not all of them have been logged, their whereabouts is known by me. I will be aware of any coin that changes hands or sold without my approval through logs on the coins. I don't mind them changing hands, but I do mind someone making a profit off of my generosity. trade them or gift them if you'd like, but selling them is prohibited unless it is for a good cause with my prior approval. having said that, one will soon be available for auction to help raise funds for GCF2014(yes, it has been activated in Texas) also, there are currently 4 sitting in caches, one each in 4 different states, another that was placed in a cache in Ga. has already been found.

These are being sent out as mystery coins, rather than being sold? Someone on one of the FB Groups received one. It looks really amazing.

Look up Mystical GreenMan's account in thread. There are 60 of these coins all owned by Mystical GreenMan. They appear to be a gift to lucky individuals. Here's to hoping.

yes, you are very observant. due to some that have profited from my kindness in the past and sold my gift to them, these coins will not be released without activating them first. all coins are activated under my profile. they have been activated in all 50 states, with a few duplicates. I note whom I have given or sent the coins to, or what cache I have left them in. while not all of them have been logged, their whereabouts is known by me. I will be aware of any coin that changes hands or sold without my approval through logs on the coins. I don't mind them changing hands, but I do mind someone making a profit off of my generosity. trade them or gift them if you'd like, but selling them is prohibited unless it is for a good cause with my prior approval. having said that, one will soon be available for auction to help raise funds for GCF2014(yes, it has been activated in Texas) also, there are currently 4 sitting in caches, one each in 4 different states, another that was placed in a cache in Ga. has already been found.

i think i am confused. do i have to activate the coin since it isn't going anywhere?

I saw that. Keeping my fingers crossed here. It's a really amazing coin.

I was just trying to answer/clarify for those people that were asking where those coins were being sold, that they wouldn't be.

Is there any chance of any mystery coins making the journey across the Atlantic? We have forests here in the UK too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

:antenna:

I actually was lucky enough to have found one of these coins lying in a meadow in St. Louis. We were strolling back and forth to the event, and just seeing the sights. Always with a keen eye, I spied the shiny over hill and dale. I didn't realize it was activated, but now that I do I'll try to get it logged soon.

Thanks for such a fine gift.

TMA

I actually was lucky enough to have found one of these coins lying in a meadow in St. Louis. We were strolling back and forth to the event, and just seeing the sights. Always with a keen eye, I spied the shiny over hill and dale. I didn't realize it was activated, but now that I do I'll try to get it logged soon.

Thanks for such a fine gift.

TMA

Congrat's on the bionic eye :rolleyes: and the good fortune of receiving this coin :D

MGM2014_zps5d9faf5f.jpg

Whoot!!!! Had a mystery package when I stopped home for lunch and couldn't wait to get back and photograph it. Thank you so much Green Man for sharing this incredible gift with us! :D

Wow!!! A Beautiful coin. Congrats and great picts from F&H! Where did you learn to do that :P

A very big thank you to the Mystical Greenman!

Geocoinfest 2014 now has the "May the Forest Be with You" listed on ebay!

Don't miss this great opportunity to own this coin!

My the Forest be With You!

Beautiful coin and great cause. I'll have to put a bid in but I doubt I have enough $$ to actually win. LOL

I was right. It is already over my limit. Oh well. Beautiful coin!!

MGM2014_zps5d9faf5f.jpg

Whoot!!!! Had a mystery package when I stopped home for lunch and couldn't wait to get back and photograph it. Thank you so much Green Man for sharing this incredible gift with us! :D

Wow!!! A Beautiful coin. Congrats and great picts from F&H! Where did you learn to do that :P

Agreed an amazing coin! Congrats to all who have been touched by the green :D

Not wishing to hijack the thread, but since it has been bought up a quick ask and we'll move it elsewhere if it gets a response :anicute:

Like JoenSue I'm interested in your photographing technique fox-and-the-hound, I remember you describing it once in a thread here or on FB. Any chance of a quick tutorial with pictures, nothing to elaborate, just something for us dim ones to follow :laughing: Maybe posted to your FB to keep this thread focused on the coin. Talk about being put on the spot eh, sorry.

Cheers

Edited by AlliedOz

Congratulations to all who have recieved this great looking mystery coin...

Some pics look different than others... Some silver, Some gold... Is it just my monitor, or are they done in different metals?

No, you're not crazy and it's not your monitor... these coins are shiny copper on the fall colors side and shiny gold on the summer green colors side :)

There's a lot of advice out there on shooting coins, but the simplest by far method to get great results is to tear a tiny hole in a plain old sheet of paper and hold it in front of your camera (shoot your picture through the hole). The white paper gives you shade from direct light (reduces heavy shadows) and reflects a nice soft, even white light onto the coin you're photographing. Cell phones work surprisingly well at this because their optic lens is so tiny it eliminates almost all the dark lens reflection. I posted a how-to awhile back, but don't recall where. I'll see if I can find it.

That is a truly beautiful coin.

Could someone explain how I would become "eligible" so to speak, to receive a coin any coin in the mail? I'm not asking for this one, (although it's beautiful and I would buy it if I could), I just want to know how it works

That is a truly beautiful coin.

Could someone explain how I would become "eligible" so to speak, to receive a coin any coin in the mail? I'm not asking for this one, (although it's beautiful and I would buy it if I could), I just want to know how it works

the first thing to do, if you haven't already done so, is to have your name and address added to the new address list maintained by Maine Family. you have to contact them to be invited to the list and they will send you an email or message.

then it is just a matter of if your name is chosen. i don't know the criteria. maybe a nice person who contributes to the community????

lara

I won this beautiful coin at Going Caching 2015. Is there any way I can be a co-owner so I can get emails when it is discovered? I NEVER let any of my coins or tbs out of my site. I just love to let cachers discover them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Goofy caching,

GAGoofy

You would have to contact the owner to see if they would let you be a co-owner. If you just want to be notified when the coin is logged, you can put it on your watch list. That is located on the coin page under trackable options. Congratulations on winning this coin.

I won this beautiful coin at Going Caching 2015. Is there any way I can be a co-owner so I can get emails when it is discovered? I NEVER let any of my coins or tbs out of my site. I just love to let cachers discover them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Goofy caching,

GAGoofy

Is there any way I can be a co-owner so I can get emails when it is discovered?
to the best of my knowledge, the GC.com website does not support more than one owner of a trackable item

(I believe the same to be true of geocache ownership)

your best option in this case is probably adding yourself to the watch list

Edited by Bhob

I have had the coin that was activated for Utah on my watch list for over a year now, hoping to see a message from the Mystical GreenMan with info on the whereabouts of this amazing coin. Should it appear in my home state, I would love to follow it... maybe even have the chance to see it in person !!! congrats to all the very lucky people who have received this coin or have had the opportunity to see one in person. :)