Map all my found caches

mrSynaps

Is there a possibility to map all my found caches. Via -> your profile -> geocaches -> have found (at the right side) -> map this loaction i got only a map around my latest find .

Pocket queries won't do due to the 750km limit

Anyone an idea?

For ALL of your Finds, including Archived caches, and those over the distance limit, use the special My Finds PQ.

On the PQ page > http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

My Finds

You can receive a Pocket Query containing a list of all the caches you have found, along with your log entries. Running this query will add it to the current queue for the day.

* The Pocket Query can only run once every 3 days.

Just click Add to Queue

Then it will appear in the second tab Pocket Queries Ready to Download.

(It wont be emailed to you)

Having been a GSAK user since it was a basic little program I am a little biased but Project GC does some amazing things if you explore it. I even signed up for the premium membership (at $9 a year hard to beat). Spend some time over there looking at what it will do and watching the videos. You can subscribe to him and while not all are just for P GC a lot are. Even the ones in his native language are useful since you just follow the screen.

Just discovered the My Finds PQ. Downloaded the gpx of same. When I open this in GSAK the count is 988. But it says 995 Caches Found on my profile page. What's up with that discrepancy?

The duplicate log finder on Project GC (find it in the Profile menu there) says you've logged this one a bunch of times - 4 times I think.

It comes up with four other ones as well that you logged twice - possum hollow, cypress grove, easy as 1, 2, 3 and something different. You might want to head over to Project GC and give it a go - very highly recommended as a way of dealing with stats if you can cope with a touch of latency.

Edited by Blue Square Thing
Just discovered the My Finds PQ. Downloaded the gpx of same. When I open this in GSAK the count is 988. But it says 995 Caches Found on my profile page. What's up with that discrepancy?

From your own statistics page:

"adgorn has found 995 caches (988 distinct) since Sep/27/2004."

So you logged 7 caches twice.

In GSAK, add the "Found count" column, then click on it a couple of times to do a reverse sort. This will bring the caches with multiple finds to the top of the list. You can then delete the extra finds online.

From your own statistics page:

"adgorn has found 995 caches (988 distinct) since Sep/27/2004."

So you logged 7 caches twice.

In GSAK, add the "Found count" column, then click on it a couple of times to do a reverse sort. This will bring the caches with multiple finds to the top of the list. You can then delete the extra finds online.

Much easier is the project-gc suggestion:

http://project-gc.com/Profile/FindBadLogs

The duplicate log finder on Project GC (find it in the Profile menu there) says you've logged this one a bunch of times - 4 times I think.

It comes up with four other ones as well that you logged twice - possum hollow, cypress grove, easy as 1, 2, 3 and something different. You might want to head over to Project GC and give it a go - very highly recommended as a way of dealing with stats if you can cope with a touch of latency.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

You've logged multiple "found it" logs for the same GC code.

For example: you logged "found it" for http://coord.info/GCGH9Y 4 times, one for each stage of this multicache & the final:

Found it

08/15/2005

We did it! Found the final with little problem. I don't think there was a pen in there so BYO. TNLN. Thanks for the local history lesson!

Found it

08/15/2005

Found Stage 3 with #1 son. This is a most amazing site. I hope that is not an over "reaction". On to the final.

Found it

06/25/2005

I'm all aglow after finding stage 2. Plotted stage 3 but OOT today. Back later.

Found it

06/25/2005

Found stage one! On to 2.

One usually only logs "found it" for the final container, where they sign the log book.

So, right off the bat, you can start to correct your stats by deleting those 3 extraneous logs. You could change them to the "write note" log option, or delete them.

The same goes for these multicaches:

http://coord.info/GCKKR0

http://coord.info/GCKTM2

http://coord.info/GCJ91G

As for http://coord.info/GCZETJ you noted in your "found it" log that you remembered finding it the previous year! Instead of another "found it" log, you could change that to a "write note" log.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

Seems to me that what we really want is a 'My Map' option on the profile page www.geocaching.com/profile.

I'd also like to be able to click a cache icon and as well as it displaying details of the cache, have an option to scroll the photographs that I uploaded to the cache / TB log.

Surely that's not a difficult thing to achieve? Is there a 'wish list' forum somewhere? I've had a look but can't find one...

I want to do a Massachusetts challenge. I created a pocket query for just my MA finds which came out to be 109. I actually have about 119. After reading this blog I went back and looked again. I actually DO have a few caches in southeastern MA that I found that are NOT displayed in the Query results. So I also ask "What's up with that discrepancy?"

I want to do a Massachusetts challenge. I created a pocket query for just my MA finds which came out to be 109. I actually have about 119. After reading this blog I went back and looked again. I actually DO have a few caches in southeastern MA that I found that are NOT displayed in the Query results. So I also ask "What's up with that discrepancy?"

The special "My Finds" PQ shows All caches.

Other PQ's don't show Archived caches, or those over a certain distance from the centre...

Discrepancies in Founds can be:

The PQ returns your Found logs, this can be higher than the number of Caches you have Found... (Usually you've posted more than 1 Found to a cache)

Occasionally things seem to be missing one of the location tags for some reason - I've found a cache in Dorset which identifies itself as south west England but then has the Dorset (the county) identifier missing for some reason. I'm not sure why or how frequently this occurs, but it does seem to very occasionally happen.

Occasionally things seem to be missing one of the location tags for some reason - I've found a cache in Dorset which identifies itself as south west England but then has the Dorset (the county) identifier missing for some reason. I'm not sure why or how frequently this occurs, but it does seem to very occasionally happen.

Not all cachers are 'Location aware' and don't always put down the correct Region*/County in the cache description...

You really need to which if a cache is near a border, the CO will often not check the map, and just list under under what they 'think' is correct.

*Region. Some of the UK regions are not 'logical' as we know them. <_<

What we did after about 400 finds was to make a TB our shadow. I like the map feature of it but now it is a bit crowded but can zoom in and out as needed.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps27995d20.jpg

Here is the bug if you want to check out the mapping feature. It is a bit of work to set up but after just have it visit every cache you find. We have filled in the bay in strait lines at this zoomed out view.

TB49VTV is the tracking number for it.

I've heard mention of 'project gc' so I thought I'd have a look.

So I went to this Link and after a few seconds it flashed up the message that it had noticed that I was running an 'ad blocker' on my system blah! blah! blah!

Now I don't mind website cookies that interact with there own website BUT ones that read other data on my system are a complete NO! No! no!

So no I will not be making use of 'project gc' now or ever.

Edited by londontavern

So I went to this Link and after a few seconds it flashed up the message that it had noticed that I was running an 'ad blocker' on my system blah! blah! blah!

Now I don't mind website cookies that interact with there own website BUT ones that read other data on my system are a complete NO! No! no!

Doesn't your add blocker allow you to create exceptions? If the project-gc site is reading cookies created by the geocaching.com site that doesn't seem too nefarious to me.

It's not reading data on your system (and it's almost certainly not a cookie btw - probably javascript I would imagine) - all it's doing is figuring out what your browser is doing. It's discovered that the ad server isn't able to push it's content and so it's dropping a message on there.

I use an ad blocker all the time. If a site complains about it I tend to ignore the complaint - if the ads that were generally served were in any way useful I might consider otherwise. If at any point project gc allows contributions other than through paypal (y'see, that's my web bugbear...) then I will contribute to it instead as I think it's incredibly helpful and seems to consistently be better than any of the official website tools as far as I can tell.

It's worth a try. If you're put off that a web site owner is honest enough to tell you what data they're able to take from your visit then you should probably be very concerned indeed about what the other 99% of site owners can tell if they really want to...

It's up to you whether you want to use project-gc. I find it useful, if you don't, there's certainly no need to use it.

Your concerns regarding "reading other data on my system", however, are unfounded.

The way that it works is that the text is always there, but delayed from displaying. You load the page, and the text appears after 10 seconds. If an ad loads, it covers the text, so it is never visible. Quite a clever way of displaying such a message, actually.

Look at the HTML :

<script>
   setTimeout(function() {$('#AdUnit2text').removeClass('hide');}, 10000);
</script>

<div id="AdUnit2text" class="hide">
<br /><p>We notice that you are running an ad blocker, which is fine.</p>
<p>Maybe you could consider paying for a membership that removes ads and gives you a lot more instead.</p>
<p>Please read more below.</p>
</div>

Thanks guys for the clarification, especially a pointer to the code which makes a small bit of sense to me. Re-visited the site and gave permission for it to access my Geocaching account (so much for no, no, no), this appears to be much the same as giving 'GSAK' permission. Not sure what I'll do with it but that's what I thought about 'GSAK' which I now use pretty much full on.

Once again thanks for the clarification - cheers.

Edited by londontavern