Swag game

Inspired by another thread, I want to play a game here to see what you are going to with the swag when you find this cache:

<quote>

So, we thought of a good place and placed our first cache. A small container with Log and 4 trade items. A vintage VW key, a VW Bug necklace trinket, and Matchbox VW Bus, and a small flashlight.

</quote>

I'll take the flashlight, and leave a caribiner.

New inventory:

vintage VW Key

VW Bug necklace trinket

Matchbox VW Bug

caribiner

If this was the real world ....someone will take all of the items, and leave an empty peppermint patty wrapper, a used roll of cherry chapstick, a rock, and a coupon for some orville redenbacher instant popcorn that expired last October. And they'll leave the lid loose so it fills with water.

Edited by umop-apisdn

If this was the real world ....someone will take all of the items, and leave an empty peppermint patty wrapper, a used roll of cherry chapstick, a rock, and a coupon for some orville redenbacher instant popcorn that expired last October. And they'll leave the lid loose so it fills with water.

I will dump out the water and take the rock. :anibad:

I would leave all items in the cache and place deck of cards with Hawaii hoola girls on it! If I can't find a desireble item I place one! Keep it fun for someone! The more I like the location the better I trade, the better I comment, and better I remember that day of being off the couch!

Edited by GPS-Hermit

I trash out the soggy/dirty wrapper, coupon, and chapstick; dry out the existing log as well as I can (and leave it in a ziplock bag if it's still wet); and leave a few foreign coins, my personal sig token(s), and a weatherproof log sheet with a cache note printed at the top.

Oh man, you beat me to NiraD's token. But I assume fuzzybear3's token is the pathtag, in which case I traded for that, leaving behind my own signature artcoin. For the sake of clarity, the one I dropped is no. 12 on my list at this website (the one based on Gauguin's Vase of Flowers). It's not clear from the photo on the web site, but each coin has a QR code on the reverse that takes you to a page with my own personal views on the art.

Edited by beauxeault

I take nothing and leave behind my cell phone as I have done some 100 times in real caches like this one.

Inventory:

a signature smashed penny

trackable Geocoin.

plastic dinosaur

glow in the dark bouncy balls

paracord bracelet

Mudfrogs trackable sig item

Roman's cell phone

Edited by Roman!

Oh, I have a trackable I need to drop off somewhere ... I leave my TB (its a frog with a TB dog tag, btw), and pick up the Geocoin.

trackable TB Frog

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

Roman's cell phone

Hula girl cards lost in the bottom of the box

This thread reminds me of a cache I had in the heady days of ALRs. Read logs from oldest first.

SQ-Trade Up or Trade Even

=========================================================================

Anyhoo,

took Roman's cell phone, left unworking Garmin etrex

trackable TB Frog

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

[quote name='cheech gang' timestamp='1398176884' post='5373359'

trackable TB Frog

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

TN L plastic fishy and Troll.

trackable TB Frog

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

I want that smashed penny.

Traded it for my signature zentangle wooden coin - handcarved and coloured the soft block prints so I hope it's a fair exchange.

New list:

trackable TB Frog

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

A signature zentangle wooden coin

Edited by L0ne.R

Oh A cache full of trinkets!! Took Mudfrogs Trackable sig item And left my own "Be Unique" PT Also Carmen was with me and she needs the plastic Dino so She traded it for a rainbow slinky. Discovered TB Frog.

New list:

trackable TB Frog (discovered)

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

TrinIzzyCars Sig trackable Item

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Okay, I'll take the Frog and drop him in Bavaria or Austria in a month or so. I don't know the TrinIzzyCars trackable's goal, so I'll just discover it for now.

New list:

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

TrinIzzyCars Sig trackable Item (discovered)

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Oh, wait... I just figured out what "PT" stands for. So that's a different kind of trackable. A kind I love to find, by the way, but I already got one out of this cache, so rather than being the PT hog on this cache, I'll let someone else get that one. That zentangle coin looks pretty cool, too...

Edited by beauxeault

I traded the signature zentangle wooden coin for our own signature wooden token, and added my handpainted rock with a ladybug on it.

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

TrinIzzyCars Sig trackable Item (discovered)

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

A signature wooden token (Ranger-Eyes)

A small handpainted rock with a ladybug on it

Edited by Ranger-Eyes

This reminds me so much of the good ol' days when people actually did this in their cache logs. It was a part of the game that fascinated me, being able to track where swag went, because people would take things out of one cache, put it in another, and then post about it.

I think people keep swag more now, and don't move it around from cache to cache. I used to see swag that I recognized from one cache, miles and miles away in another cache. And I could usually track the progress through people's logs.

Was in the area decided to check on cache after Moon Pies log. Its still where CO placed it safe and sound Found throw down it was full of water and a slug had moved in I named him Fred and relocated him to a nice rock near by. Removed tin. Took small hand painted rock left Unactivated Travel Bug

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

TrinIzzyCars Sig loggable Item (discovered)

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Unactivated Travel Bug

If I'm reading correctly, the cache has the following contents:

a few foreign coins

plastic dinosaur

paracord bracelet

I take the foreign coins, and leave a signature smashed penny and a trackable Geocoin.

Dang. I would have traded some of my foreign coins (I have a bunch from several African countries, and a few from some Asian countries) for some of the coins that niraD left that I don't already have.

Was in the area decided to check on cache after Moon Pies log. Its still where CO placed it safe and sound Found throw down it was full of water and a slug had moved in I named him Fred and relocated him to a nice rock near by. Removed tin. Took small hand painted rock left Unactivated Travel Bug

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Unactivated Travel Bug

Well darn,,, I was getting ready to go back and find the altoids tin. Since it was a different container, i figured i could log another smiley on the cache. :laughing:

rainbow slinky

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Unactivated Travel Bug

Well darn,,, I was getting ready to go back and find the altoids tin. Since it was a different container, i figured i could log another smiley on the cache. :laughing:

Sorry lol I would have left it had I known

bump ... now there are two caches at the same location.

I'll take the rainbow slinky and leave a mini rubber ducky.

mini rubber ducky

paracord bracelet

Garmin Etrex

plastic fishy and Troll

Unactivated Travel Bug