Built a Wherigo with the kit/ on a mac

_SWH

I have my Wherigo built via the Wherigo\kit site. I am now at the upload a cartridge stage on the Wherigo.com website. I get an error message: Upload a Cartridge GWZ File

Error Occurred

Wrong Local header signature: 0x75716572

Have no idea what this means. I am on a macbook air. I selected the .lua file. There are no weird characters in my file name. What do I do to upload to Wherigo?

Using a Mac, we created two wherigos using the Wherigo/kit site. Easy as pie!!

Two problems have arisen.

We need to edit the information in the zones. We have the hand to show that the zone should be a link but it doesn't do anything when we click the mouse.

Two, when we tested our Wherigo, after we put in our answer at the last zone, it said we were done but there was no unlock code. We just want to direct someone to the location of the final cache container.

Zone editing: You need to click on the balloon for the zone on the map. I haven't hooked up the zone list on the left with the balloons on the right. The left zone list is for changing around the zone order if you need.

Unlock code: It should have put the unlock code in your inventory. I have that done automatically. I looked at your Goldsboro tour cartridge. After the last question, if the player answers "well", it shows the message "You are correct" (from what you typed). When the player clicks the dialog's "OK" button, it then says, "The cartridge is complete. Your completion code is xxxxx. Make sure to write this down." It then places an unlock code item into the player's inventory and marks the cartridge as complete. The player is responsible for saving the cartridge. I downloaded and played through this cartridge just to be sure it was doing what it should have been doing. It does. Now, I should point out there won't be a valid unlock code until the player downloads it from the Wherigo web site. Until then, "builder" or something else (it depends upon which application compiled your cartridge) will display as the unlock code.

Wow, another Wherigo cartridge or two in North Carolina? That's rare. Thank you for giving me something to do.

We are ready to test our 2 wherigos. I can't remember how to send them to ourselves as emails.

Kit does not send email. Instead, on the page that lists your cartridges to the left and shows details about the one you clicked on to the right, look for the option to download either a ZIP or GWZ file (they're the same thing, actually). You can also opt for Kit to send your cartridge directly to Wherigo.com; there's an option for that further down the list. Yes, you'll be asked for your geocaching account's password (no way around it). Your password is retained for just long enough to send the cartridge over to Wherigo.com in your name, then the variable holding that information is permanently wiped from memory.

We submitted our Wherigo for publishing but we don't have the link to the Wherigo. We don't know how to add it. I tried copying and pasting the link that is at the top of your Wherigo Kit cartridge page into the description block on the cache page but it doesn't show up as a link. Also, I put it into the "Related web page" box but it didn't show up either.

This is what shows up on our Wherigo cache submission page at geocaching.com:

Download Wherigo here: www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=16eb3ebf-4cca-43b2-98a1-13fcc6a62a15

Edited by 2 jolly

The link you used in your post is what you're supposed to use for your cache page, so you did it correctly. The link on Kit is only for you to build your cartridge. Once you've made your cartridge, it should be moved over to and listed on a cartridge listing site (Wherigo.com, at this time).