Who will be at the Block Party 2014

yanagi

We are certainly hoping to be there this year.

We took a drive from Vancouver to Oregon last week to visit the Original Stash (FINALLY!) and Cannon Beach (gorgeous place).

We stopped by HQ on our return and had a great visit - they are always so friendly and helpful there.

Hope to meet lots of cachers during this event - we haven't been to Block Party since the first one.

Oh, brother! This is the first year in a while we won't be at the Block Party. :( Would love to have met you there!

Oh, what a pity! That would have been awesome to meet you there. Maybe another time :)

We may be working on rearranging our trip so we can be at the Block Party. Will let you know! Maybe!!!

This will be my first Block Party. Does a lot of coin trading/swapping/selling happen there? Do people bring collections along for others to Discover?

I'm coming from the UK, so wondering how much stuff to bring along.

:D

To tell the truth, it will be my first Block Party as well, but I won't bring my collection with me (coming from Germany). Just a few of my personal coins to trade.

Maybe an experienced Block Party coiner can answer the question?

This will be my first Block Party. Does a lot of coin trading/swapping/selling happen there? Do people bring collections along for others to Discover?

I'm coming from the UK, so wondering how much stuff to bring along.

:D

To tell the truth, it will be my first Block Party as well, but I won't bring my collection with me (coming from Germany). Just a few of my personal coins to trade.

Maybe an experienced Block Party coiner can answer the question?

I've been to all of them, and I have yet to find much in the way of organized trading, unfortunately. I managed to do a few trades last year with a couple of individuals that I was specifically on the lookout for, but that was about it, and even then, I missed finding a couple of people I was watching for, due to the size of the crowds, and the failure to preplan a meeting place. :)

The first year, there was a trading area set aside, but I never saw anybody set up there. :(

If there is enough interest, perhaps we could put together some sort of midnight madness style event for this year.

MtnMutt, my friend, it would be georgous to meet you again, but I will be in the south part travelling in summer, so SEattle is far out of my range.

Going Ape is a nice place to meet and arrange a Meeting Point. But same with Block Party. This could be the huge ammo box (a bit off the crowd) or the stairs up to the street to the JP Patches Statue.

A big fun to all who go. I will definitely miss it this year.

<_< I may just try that one Mr Silver.

I'll be at the Block & Ape Events. Before you ask.... Yes, I'll be hiding or handing out the coins. :anibad: Remember, HUSH someone could be listening. :unsure:

I just wonder where they will show up this year? I may just drop or hide them in the Tunnel.

A super great cold beer can almost get you anything. HaHa :lol:

later my over the pond friend.. :laughing:

So, I don't yet see any side-event scheduled here, and with the cinema event after the block party, it seems like Saturday is probably not a great time to do it.

I am working as a volunteer at the APE event on Sunday morning, though I'm contemplating setting up an 'informal' trading space in the afternoon, either out of the back of my car, or at the side of the trail by the eastern tunnel entrance. Would there be others interested in joining me in a bit of a trading session?

If there is much of a turnout, then I'll put some real effort into doing something a bit more formal/larger/coordinated for 2015!

Edited by Mekle

Ok, So the cinema event (GIFF) is apparently Friday.

So, if people aren't interested in the informal meet-up Sunday at Going Ape, I can research other ideas I have. But those will require some relatively good knowledge of how many people might be attending. :)

I'll be at the "pint among friends" event on Thurs, GIFF on Fri, Block Party on Sat, and Going Ape on Sun.

I'm up for meeting people if you'd like to. I've decided not to try to drag my whole coin collection to Seattle, but I'll have a few for people to discover and my swaps with me.

Pan

Only 14 Days to go :laughing:

Have you gone over your check list?

Did you remember everything?

Wait, Yep! Oh, go ahead grab it, throw it in the pack, you just never know if it's that perfect item they are looking for. B)

Remember, this could be that chance of a Lifetime B):DB)

Welcome to Fremont the current Center of the Universe and Home of ....

Fill in the bLank, that line was a test to see if you were reading.

See ya there!!

Sorry not to see Longtomsilver, next time :unsure:

Ok, I won't be having a full event on Saturday night, since that weekend is locked around the block party, and they won't be publishing any events.

I'll definitely start working on setting something up for next year as soon as I can after block party is over.

I still plan on setting myself up somewhere in the afternoon at the APE event, hopefully I'll see a few of you there.

We could all just meet up on the saturday night somewhere anyway, even if it isn't an actual published event...

Very true.

If people want to do that, and I can get a rough count by say.. Tuesday... I can get reservations for space at the venue I had in mind.

My thinking was around 6pm at AFK Elixirs and Eatery in Renton. It's about a 25 minute drive from the block party, and they have plenty of space something like this, provided they have the notice.

Since I doubt we're going to approach the 50-75 people I was preparing for if we were doing the event, we should be fine.

There is an event in North Seattle on the night of the Block Party...

http://coord.info/GC594VG

I'm guessing that published before they decided to lock out new events for that weekend.

Yeah. Plus looking at it a bit more closely, it's also 29 miles away from the Block Party. Doable for those hunting "most icons in a day", though.

I wasn't planning on going to that one, so I will be around in Freemont or Downtown after the Block Party.