Columbus Ohio Geocachers Unite!

Dub.

I also posted this over in the "Organized Geocaching" Section.

Okay, Columbus has a backpacking group, a war-driving group, but after a search of this forum, I found that it doesn't have a geocaching group! We need to start one!

So, anyone that is located in Columbus, Ohio...if you are interested in meeting and geocaching, post your name and city here!

WVaBackpacker, Hilliard.

Next cache hunt: This Sunday, anyone want to join slntbob and I?

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Actually we do have one. We're not super active at this point, but we've gathered a couple of times. I'm wanting to get together more this summer for some "clean-up" days and just for the fun of it.

Here's a long thread about everything getting started. COG Formation

Also I'd join you on Sunday, unfortunatly I'm working. icon_frown.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

Thanks Mr. O. I have a website with a lot of bandwidth and a lot of space. I wouldn't mind hosting a website for local cachers. It could be a nice centralized location for everyone to post information and meet...if such a site doesn't already exist.

I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people in the world. I'm just saying we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

We discussed that briefly a while back. The original plan was to set up a Yahoo user group or something like that. Basically it seems no one (myself included) has the time to setup a decent website and maintain it. But I think it would be great to have a website where we all can meet. That way I can stop posting messages here in the Midwest section that don't pertain to anyone except those of us in Central OH. So if you want to do it, that would be great. No site exists that I know of at least.

BTW, are you originally from WV or do you just like to backpack there?

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

I will take care of creating a website or Yahoo group. I'd prefer to keep it on my website...but I need to look into some "forum" software so people can post messages, join the database, etc. Might have to write some PHP code from scratch.

I am originally from WV and I love to backpack there. Just backpacked Lake Vesuvius Rec. Area in Southern Ohio over Memorial Day...the backpack trail would be a great place to hide a difficult cache.

Hey thanks for everything. I just signed up over on the Yahoo group. I'm mhaserodt there, since I've had an e-mail address with Yahoo for a long time and I didn't feel like creating a new one w/ the Mr. 0 information. I'm lazy like that, I guess icon_biggrin.gif

Mr. 0

Great, we have 8 members now. Let's get some more and then we can start organizing group hunts!