Cache Register Software Issue

LandquistFamily

Delorme's Cache Register hasn't worked for well over a year now. You can probably remove it from your computer as they have so stated that it will not be fixed.

No need to despair though, you can click and drag a downloaded PQ directly to the unit or the card. Makes it easy, because with the Delorme models, just name the PQ's individually and they remain separated on the card. Access them at will.

It's a shame because I really liked Cache Register. DeLorme went full tilt into geocaching and they sucked a lot of people in, then apparently abandoned it.

I never used Cache Register. I always found it easier to copy the PQs to the unit as files. (The only glitch is the stupid random number that GC insists on putting at the front of PQ files that you have to delete for the PQs to have the proper names. And that's assuming you remember to check the non-default "add name to PQ file" so the name's included along with the random number.)

Rumor has it that Delorme got distracted by some big government deal for the last couple years, but now they're turning their attention back to geocaching. Although admittedly, I haven't actually seen much evidence of a change...