Inactive Leaders / Abandoned Categories

jhuoni

Another week is gone. No notice from either of the categories leaders or from Checkmark. One of the waymarks was approved though. With no comments.

I checked both of these categories after your last post and released all that were showing pending. I have checked again today and there are none waiting approval. However, I can not see ones that are stuck in group vote. Please list the waymark numbers and I will look further.

Well, here's what I've done so far in my attempt to take over the Bike Shops category :

I sent messages to the two officers who still seem to be active - no replies

I sent a message to Waywizard - no reply

I went to the Groundspeak page and opened a ticket - no reply

Am I just unreasonably impatient? Any ideas anyone on how to get someone to respond?

Here's the next chapter in the story. My Bike Shop waymark was finally approved by Scrambler390. The coup was unsuccessful.

I just today received the reply from Groundspeak.

"Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting us and for your support of Waymarking. In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past couple of years, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your questions and issues in the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support.

Sorry that we can't be of more help at this time.

Best Regards,

Jon ("Moun10Bike")

Geocaching HQ

System Analyst"

Well, at least Jon was honest, but obviously a cut and paste response as he doesn't demonstrate any recognition of the issue I sent.

Hmmmm, I don't want to seem unduly pessimistic, but I was wondering, is the KML file you can extract of all your waymarks dependant on Groundspeak servers or can it stand alone? I'm thinking it's dependent as there are photos in there.

Edited by RakeInTheCache

Another week is gone. No notice from either of the categories leaders or from Checkmark. One of the waymarks was approved though. With no comments.

I checked both of these categories after your last post and released all that were showing pending. I have checked again today and there are none waiting approval. However, I can not see ones that are stuck in group vote. Please list the waymark numbers and I will look further.

Hello! Thanks for your attention. I did notice one of the stuck waymarks was approved, it must has been by you. The other stuck waymark, as you well noted, is under vote for 11 weeks now:

http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WMN6BN_Catillo_de_Jagua_Cienfuegos_Cuba

Anyway, I followed the steps provided to take over abandoned categories and I would really like to find a solution for these two abandoned categories, either by leading at least one of them or by finding a willing leader. It was with this in my mind that I messaged Checkmark and sent the copy of my contacts to the leaders, as indicated. But to no avail, no answer, zero, nil.

...last months I'm slightly sad from one phenomenon: after sending of my waymarks I'm waiting for approving for 2,3,4...7 days and nothing (2-3 days are absolutely OK, no problem for me...). But picant is, that responsible category officers are present daily on Waymarking site and some of them are sending own waymarks for approving. For me it is strange, because the first my activity after logging in Waymarking.com is approving of WMS in my categories :)

Mike

Greetings, I was reading this thread with much interest. Most intriguing is that Waywizard was of assistance with waymarks pending review.

I would appreciate your assistance with the "Antique Hotel" category: I have written too many emails to all group members with no response, even offered to assist with reviewing and joined the group. No response.

Some of the following were declined: paraphrased: Your waymark does not "fit" on the page. We have over 10,000 approved waymarks. About a year ago we started using HTML and so far not one of them were declined due to not fitting on the page except the ones in the Antique Hotel category.

Leader: last logged in 3/11/15

2nd: last logged in 2/22/15

3rd: last logged in 2/3/09

There are other regular members that are very active and some are leaders of their own categories and some are great about clearing pending waymarks. Why not promote one of these?

Need help with:

WMN296 - Broadway Hotel: Pending since 12/12/14

WMNC4E - St. Eugene: Pending since 2/11/15

WMNJOT - Hume Hotel: Pending since 3/20/15

WMNJOW - Adventure Hotel: Pending since 3/20/15

WMNJ11 - Hotel Ymir: Pending since 3/20/15

WMNMB4 - Miner's Hotel: Pending since 4/3/15

There were waymarks last approved 3/11/15

I have cancelled the waymarks, made minor changes and resubmitted on several occasions. Last was a day or two ago.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Category: Bike Shops of the World LINK

Waiting for review since May 14, 2015

Twice send a message, one after 3 weeks (21 days) and one after 4 weeks (28 days), to bootron & scrambler390 and ask them to review my WM and offer them to help them as an Officer.

Looks like both are the only active Officers (?) in this category.

After 5 weeks NO message back or action from them.

Leader davidloew not logged in since 5/18/2012, I hope it goes well with him.

Send him a message today and ask for promotion but i don't think it will help.

John.

Edited by dreamhummie

Well, this whole discussion is a symptom of a far more serious problem . . .

Very few people are now playing the Waymarking game!

I looked at some major cities and the number of waymarks posted and how so many

of them have NEVER been visited. You have to wonder where all the participants are.

I am starting to write on my geo-caching posts - - something along the lines of the following.

"Hey, do you take pictures during your geocaching adventures?

Maybe you would enjoy the complimentary hobby of Waymarking.

See www.Waymarking.com. "