Missouri geocoins anyone?

Matt1344

A few of us have begun talking informally about having a Missouri Geocoin made. It seems like we're looking at about $2.30 each if we order the minimum of 250 coins. These would be official Groundspeak (on one side) coins but not trackable. The design for the flip side is still to be determined but we're thinking something that represents the whole state rather than one group (like St. Louis or the Ozarks).

If you'd be interested please post a note here. It would be good to know about how many you'd be inclined to commit to initially -- not that you'd be committing to anything by posting a comment. I'm just trying to get a feel for the level of interest . . .

Hey Matt! Missed you at the picnic...

I'd be interested, and I have a preliminary design that I've been putting on fridge magnets and dropping in caches.

It's simple - the state outline with the Geo "x" G on top.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"

I think I saw you at the picnic -- I heard someone talking about the King Cache and thought it might be you but I got distracted and didn't catch back up with you. Sorry about that. I did eventually find that cache, btw. No need to get in the trash heap at all . . .

As for the geocoins, Pineapple and Spongy Mesophyll seem pretty keen on the idea and several other people have expressed interest. I'm not really sure how to proceed. I suppose we need a point person who can keep a running e-mail list and then distribute the proposed design ideas.

As some point folks are going to have to go out on a limb and cough up some money. I don't know if we want everyone to prepay or whether a few folks would be willing to take a risk and pay for more than they need with hopes of finding takers. We're looking at about $575 for an initial order of 250. That includes a one-time setup fee of about $200 so they get cheaper after that.

Again, I'm not really sure how to proceed. At this point I'm just judging interest by seeing how many folks respond. I'd say I've seen about $250 worth of interest so far.

I agree Matt, I'd say we're about halfway there. We're working on organizing into a Mid-MO chapter of some kind, and once we do, it will be a little easier to come up w/funding for projects like this.

I'm starting a e-mail list, so look for something soon, just waiting to hear back from people!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"