G.E.O.C.O.I.N.F.E.S.T. 2015

avroair

Geocoinfest was conceived in these forums in 2006 and went to Temecula, CA, it has since travel through Pittsburgh 2008, Salt Lake City 2009, Twin Cities, Minneapolis\St Paul 2010, Charlotte 2011, Denver 2012 and Las Vegas 2013. It's headed to Houston Tx this year.

And it is time to start thinking about where the event should move to in 2015 and beyond? If you want to host it, put together a team, a plan and a vision and then a bid.

Some things people need to think about:

* committee are usually made up of 4-5 cachers with at least one who is into geocoins

* this event(s) take time to pull together, at least 7 months

* the Geocoinfest is held in the fall typically on Columbus day weekend

* the city needs to have a major airport that is generally accessible

* city needs to have nearby attractions rather than just the coins and caches

* there needs to be ample hotels in the area

* Geocoinfest is typically an indoor event; the actual event site needs to hold a mega-sized crowd (500 people)

* vendors are not allowed to bid, this is a conflict of interest

* you don't need to sink your own money into the event, but fundraising will be a part of it

Bids are due June 1st, 2013:

Previous organizers of Geocoinfests will receive each bid and vote on their merits under 10 criteria. There will be two finalists. This will be finished by August 1st. The winning bid will be announced at Geocoinfest 2014 in Houston. I have a more detailed cheat sheet of what to expect if anyone is interested, I also have past bid proposals that can help.

If you know your city would be good to host a mega event, post it here! And see if other cachers in your area concur!

anyone available to take charge in the New Orleans area? Locally, I checked and the Weedville Hotel would be available !

ILYK

ILYL

I'm for the Weedville Hotel and Convention Centre :blink::P

The only 'Weedville' I could find was behind a chain link fence and had security guards with assault rifles. ... :lol:

Omaha or Lincoln, NE????

Doesn't the Midwest already have several Mega's each year ? Even MOGA 2015 will be in Jackson, MO.

GCF-2014 will have been in Houston and there's GWSXII in St. Charles, MO. MWGB-10 (OH), West Bend CB (WI) and ASPGB-10 in (NY), Berkshire (MA) has become an annual Mega as has the Hatfield McCoy in WV. The GCHR (VA) is another annual Mega. COG annual Megas seem to stay in the Great Lakes areas. Florida will host Cacheapalooza 9 in 2015 and the annual Florida Finders Fest Mega is already in the Fall of each year.

Two options not covered ... oh wait ... the GS HQ stomping grounds for the annual Block Party is almost a Mega ... :lol:

How about returning to where it all began ?? Palm Springs in Southern California is very close to Temecula ... Site of the inaugural Geocoinfest. :antenna:

Omaha or Lincoln, NE????

Doesn't the Midwest already have several Mega's each year ? Even MOGA 2015 will be in Jackson, MO.

GCF-2014 will have been in Houston and there's GWSXII in St. Charles, MO. MWGB-10 (OH), West Bend CB (WI) and ASPGB-10 in (NY), Berkshire (MA) has become an annual Mega as has the Hatfield McCoy in WV. The GCHR (VA) is another annual Mega. COG annual Megas seem to stay in the Great Lakes areas. Florida will host Cacheapalooza 9 in 2015 and the annual Florida Finders Fest Mega is already in the Fall of each year.

Two options not covered ... oh wait ... the GS HQ stomping grounds for the annual Block Party is almost a Mega ... :lol:

How about returning to where it all began ?? Palm Springs in Southern California is very close to Temecula ... Site of the inaugural Geocoinfest. :antenna:

i'll second that.

Omaha or Lincoln, NE????

Ok Nevada Nick Omaha or Lincoln would be in Nebraska not MO. MOGA was in Ohio last year and will be in Southeast MO in 2015. Both Lincoln and Omaha are large cities so the draw is good. Midwest is central for everyone. Southern CA is on one side of the US and we just had it in Vegas last year. Maybe 2016 for So Cal. Anyhow it is not up to me so I am sure wherever will be nice.

FYI - Jackson mo is a long ways away from Lincoln me :)

Yep, about 500 miles ... :)

The closet mega to the Lincoln/Omaha area in recent years is close to 6 hours away. That would be a full day in caching time :)

Wherever it's at, GCF's are a fun event to attend. Actually ... ANY Mega event can be a blast !!!

Another few days to run and Geocoinfest Europe will be drawn

Hopefully I can make it to a GCF in US some time, same as to a GW which is on my wantlist to attend.

Who decides where geocoinfest europe 2015 will be? And when does the decision happend?

How can we make a bid? (If not for 2015, maybe for 2016)

Another few days to run and Geocoinfest Europe will be drawn

Hopefully I can make it to a GCF in US some time, same as to a GW which is on my wantlist to attend.

Who decides where geocoinfest europe 2015 will be? And when does the decision happend?

How can we make a bid? (If not for 2015, maybe for 2016)

Hi Smort78,

decision for 2015 has been through.

Application for GCF EUROPE 2016 can be send to me until June 30th 2015